Strawberry Shortcake

Shakyshaky

So I have found myself buying back the toys from my youth. :lol: I just got a group of Strawberry Shortcake dolls and got to thinking that the haunted house looks like Strawberry Shortcake's house. So that is what I think I am going to do with mine.

Has anyone ever rerooted a doll? Some of the ones I got have lost some of there hair and I was wondering if anyone had ever rerooted a doll. Is it expensive?

The last few issues of Barbie Bazaar had articles with detailed instructions & photos on rerooting & styling Barbie's & Ken's hair, and I noticed the current issue of Haute Doll had a similar article (interesting how they use the el cheapo needle threaders to insert the hair plugs). It's tedious, but it depends on what you use for the hair as to how expensive it would be.

rerooting is easy but time consuming. here is a great link with easy instructions and links to buy hair. i have bought both types and they work very well. all you need to know you will find on this site. enjoy! some of the links may be outdated but it's a good place to start-holly

http://www.dolls-n-daggers.com/Dolls/OOAKtipshair.html

Well I couldn't get her head off without breaking it, but I did sucessfully get all the hair out. Now I just hae to find some new hair. I thought I had some but can't seem to find it so I must go shopping soon. She still has a smile on her face but I am sure she is not happy about the sudden hair loss.

I am going to use the punch tool method. You can do that with the head still on and I think that is how it was done origionally. It def was not sewn on. The site Holly listed is great! It even has a link that shows you how to make your own tools.

Great Website!! Thanks for that link. I am so glad I bought the SSC dolls when they first released them again a couple of years ago. You know they changed there faces and head this year, right?

They are cute but now they don't look like MINE from when I was little :)

I know what you mean about the faces. They don't wear dresses anymore either they wear pants. I bought a lot of vintage ones off ebay for a very good price. ( like 10 dolls and some odd clothes and shoes for $10) The person did not know much about ssc and they needed a real cleaning. It was worth it though. I only need to replug two of the dolls.

So I have found myself buying back the toys from my youth. :lol:

I just, today as a matter of fact, payed $80 for a stuffed toy of Basil Brush, he talks and he's about 10 years old, and he's immaculate. And he's Basil Brush!