Today only-51% off one item

Peggi

I received an email from miniatures.com that thru 11:59 tonight with media code WPC2521 you can get 51% off of one item. :p

Thought some of you would be interested.

Peggi

I've not ordered anything yet believe it or not. I've got most of the major things for my Lily but need the little things that make it a home. So I'll need to browse a while before I decide.

Peggi

Thanks so much for the code! Someone on Miniature Collector's Club said it was online only--I'm a first timer for this one. I didn't get this neat code.

I settled too for the Dressing Dollshouse Dolls by Sue Atkingson--The shipping almost cost more than the book w/ coupon, but worth it. I couldn't get it this cheap at Barnes and Noble...Thanks so much!

It is internet sale only.

Well, I browsed and thought about an office desk but finally got the book Doll House Details by Kath Dalmeny. I hope it helps me in making some of the little items to help make my houses a home.

After looking at everyone's houses it just amazes me still how the little things add so much realism to the house. My 5 yr old GD and I made a few things last week. We made a chocolate cake out of styrofoam, and miniature books from Jim's printies and some can goods for the kitchen, we even made our own paper sack to hold some of the groceries. I'll try and post pictures for feedback later.

Peggi

Thank you so much Peggi!!! You are a lifesaver!!!! I was bidding on my first dollhouse - a project for my baby girls birthday next month - a Pierce in the box. Couldn;t find out anymore about it though, so didnt' even know if all the pieces were there. And the bidding on ebay ended tonight! Well, after I got your email, I lost the bidding, but that was ok, because, I got it from miniatures.com for less the the winning bidder, with your code!!! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!

n :p:p

Nikki you are quite welcome, always glad to share when I can. Others here have shared with me so often it is nice to finally be able to contribute something instead of always taking :p

Peggi

I love Peggi!!!! :p:blink:

thanks sooo much for the code!

I used it on another house....like I need another house....well actually I do!

I ordered anothe house for nuttiville

The Beamount mansion kit.

I just won the church off of ebay

all I need now is a store and nuttiville will be a real town.

lol

Thanks again for the code!

I have no idea why I dont get their mailings anymore. :p

nutti

Welcome Nikki!! So you are new to dollhouses? How cool. I am building the Glencroft kit and feel like I am new. I can't figure the *@##*& stairs out! :blink::p:p

I am going to bed. I have been stuck on the same part for 1 hour now! :angry:

But the house is looking wonderful! I LOVE this house. I love the Challenge too. And boy is the Glencroft a challenge. The Peirce is a fun one to put together. It goes by fast too. Have you picked out colors yet??

Tracey, you have gotten farther than I have on the glencroft. I took a look at those stairs and the pieces --I got as far as labeling the parts and sanding.......I have picked out my colors and wallpaper...........might change my mind again. This one I really want to look nice......and you need room to build the glencroft!

Hubby has the risers on the staircase, but not the steps yet. I won't let him do that part because I have figured out that I need to wallpaper that area BEFORE the installation of the steps, and I need to "brick" the interior of the fireplace before it goes in too! I have it primed, gonna wallpaper when I get home tonight.

Then he better do some stuff so that I can play with the house. He's been getting all the fun! It is a bit difficult Tracy, but like you, I can see the light in hubby's eyes glowing over the CHALLENGE!!!!

Thanks for the welcome Tracy and Marie! Yes the pierce is my first project EVER! I am so excited! I hope your right Tracy about it going by quickly. I have until July 27th., my baby girls 3rd birthday! She is going to be so surprised. I haven't picked colors yet, I just know Myah LOVES pink! I don't want the house to look exactly like cotton candy, but something alogn those lines would probaby be nice for her B)

I will need lots of guidance on this, because, I think I have only ever SEEN 1 real dollhouse in my life, much less put one together! But I'm sure I am with the best of the best here, and I'll learn a lot.

n

http://community.webshots.com/album/193243682BJZcVm

this is the link to the pink house I did for my sister and neice. although pink wasnt my choice for the color I think it turned out well.

although you will also find a purple Willowcrest that made 3 little girls very happy.

cant wait to see what you pick.

I love the Peirce and someday hope to build it or the Garfield for my granddaughter.

your daughters eyes will light up the room!

have fun!

nutti B)

Nikki if this is your first house you may want to treat this phrase as your mantra (is this the correct word?) :D

"When I get discouraged, I remember that amateurs built the ark, the Titantic was built by professionals."

This is what I constantly repeat to myself as I work on my Lily! B)

Peggi

Welcome to the forum Nikki. B) The Pierce is a gorgeous house. My daughter wanted pink for her dollhouse too. I'm not too fond of pink myself, but I found a lot of nice paint colors when we were looking. There are some nice rose shades that don't look too 'cotton-candy-ish'. We ended up settling on a color that's more peach than pink, but my daughter still thinks of it as pink, and she likes it. I love the way Nutti's Newberg turned out (even if it is pink :D ). I think most colors are workable on a dollhouse.

Good luck with your building. You can always get plenty of help and advice here. I've learned tons from everyone that posts here. :D

Pink is the color Amanda, my stepdaughter picked for the redo on my old dollhouse. I would not have chosen Princess Pink in the walt disney colors, but it was her house, so there ya go. I only made the stipulation she couldn't change the wallpaper, which was till good, and hard to find!

Peggi, I like your mantra! B) I still get so gung ho on building so I can get to the decorating, I want to decorate it before the walls are up! I like taking my time now because once I do a house, I want it to be totally correct!

welcome to the forum Nikki!

Thanks for the welcome Lisa and everyone!

molmrath> As strange as it may be, Pink is actuall ymy favorite color! (I wonder where my daughter got it from B) ) I love the pink that the garfield is in, I think I'll do mine in that, when I eventually do that one. and I have no doubt that I will get all the help I need here.. I am already learning So much here!

Peggi> I will definately remember the mantra! I was thinking that today " what if I start and get really stuck or it doesn't trun out like the dream place I have in my head?" So, I will remember your mantra! :D

Nutti> I love the pink house! It looks really good! I too love the pierce, and I think it will be just adorable for us to have "Matching" houses, my baby with the pierce and I with the Garfield, :D But I have to wait until we build our new house some time next year. Get this - Now that I am a new dollhouse lover, I have to incorporate french doors SOMEWHERE in our new house so my larger houses can have free range?

n