A van Buren on Ebay !

Wishywash

Sold NEW in the Smithsonian gift shop for $62 in 1979? Can anyone say "inflation?" If the box has been open that long, I shuddder to think of the condition of the plywood. I just hope the seller put the instructions & schematics back in the box.

I don't know Holly, that was a good price for it to sell for because retail on this house used to be around $159 according to one of my price sheet :) This is a Huge house. I wonder how a person can have a kit and NOT get bit by the building bug :D I guess you have to open them and start building to catch the bug huh :D

I guess you have to open them and start building to catch the bug huh
I think that's it, you begin building & something you inhale from the wood or the process gets those creative juices flowing & gives you a particular "high" and you're hooked.

that was a good price for it to sell for because retail on this house used to be around $159

Then for the Smithsonian gift shop to sell the kit for US$62 is downright amazing!

My Hud house was open from the 70s and boy oh boy did the wood stink!

I had to air it out!

Still, I only paid $19.99 for it!

Nothing like cheap stink!