McGreedy Emporium Store

Minis On The Edge

Here are the pictures of the 1/2" scale Victorian store by Mcgreedy Emporium. It has lots of windows for sure!! I may bash this and make it a house. This has a flat roof right now but I was thinking of adding a 3rd floor. <_<

Does anyone have a picture of this house finished? I have not seen one yet. :D

med_gallery_4_139_406037.jpg

gallery_4_139_173490.jpg

med_gallery_4_139_840081.jpg

Ooo, Tracy! I LIKE this one, any chance you'll be selling the kit from your site, or is it still being made? It reminds me of some of the apartment houses we saw in downtown San Francisco (I shudder to think of what it would cost to replace those curvedtower windows in the real ones), you could add two more levels to the building & tower and leave the roof flat & put a landscaped garden up there.

No I won't be selling this one :) I got it for like $10 last year after looking at it in a shop for about 3 years. The shop closed and she had it priced at about $35 and she gave it to me for either $10 or $15. I was so excited :D

I can't remember the name of the company that took over Mcgreedy houses but the queen anne is one of them too.

I think I am gonna paper clay it. It rememinds me of some of the older shop buildings in chicago. San Francisco style is very similar too.

:D

1/2" scale is harder to work with than the 1/4th scale to me. I don't know why but it it. 144th scale is imposible to me though.

I like the 1/2" scale designs by woodcraft assembly but you really need to decorate as you build :D (Wallpaper, electrify etc). They go together in 3 hours though if you are not decorating it. You build by number and it's okay but sometime around 116 you get lost if you stop :)

It's great for people who don't like to read instructions and for kids. My daughter Rachel can put the wood craft assembly kits together cause it is all by number.

Some people don't like them while others do so I guess it will depend on wood & instruction preferance. :D

You build by number and it's okay but sometime around 116 you get lost if you stop

Doesn't sound like much fun if you're into bashing... I was thinking I'd need to add some rooms when I build the Fantasy Villa. Guess I'll try the Fairfield first (when I get there).

I just remembered the name of the company that owns the rights to the Queen Anne and this victorian shoppe. There website is http://www.oakridgehobbies.com

Now, the kits are still not in production any more :D but if they come back I think it will be under there new name now. :)

Serious case of lust for that kit!

Wende, I'll bet you know just which (stone exterior) apartment building it reminds me of, too!

Thanks for the link, Tracy, do you think if enough of us begged, they'd think about reissuing the kits?

I know they do still have the schematics because I was missing a part and they volunteered to cut one out and send it to me. The store I bought it from found it so I did not need it.

They are also the makers of the Queen Anne according to the lady I talked to that time. I say let's ask because it can't hurt, right? :)

I say let's ask because it can't hurt, right?

I did. Their email addy wasn't clickable, I had to do a bit of right-clicking & copying before it'd let me paste, but my request for reissuing the 1:24 kits is in.

I know a couple of years ago there was talk about the Queen Anne being re-released but it did not happen :D . I need to buy some house works windows doors and stairs for it. It does have a lot of potential :)

Well, this thread reminded me that Marg and I had been thinking of the 1/2" scale Castle and Fantasy Villa, checked Tracy's Ebay store, saw the special on both as a package with free shipping, and snared it on the spot. So now 2 1/2" scale kits will be heading to Utah. Both are great, and while the stairs in the Villa eat up a lot of room they are too cool to leave out.

Aha! I foresee finally using those filigree plastic fan wedding favors I snagged for "future projects" when I finally tackle the Villa. I'm still stitching the Aubusson for the diningroom.

I love the stairs in the Villa. And have to say I will be stealing your treatment of the Villa for the walls of the Castle. It has to be stone, love the various shades. Think there has to be a dragon there too. Maybe a griffin.