quick water

Shakyshaky

I read somewhere that clear caulk can be used, but it stays rubbery. I also read that a lot of resin products "yellow" over time. I've tried white glue, but more that two or three thin layers turns cloudy.

Perhaps a clear model glue (one that doesn't "eat" plastic)?

I have a bottle somewhere around here that i haven't used yet. I didn't realize that this could happen, I thought they all dried quickly....I'll have to keep that in mind. Bummer, hopefully yours will dry. I wonder if you could contact the company or check other hobby forums, like train builder forums, they probably use the stuff alot.

I'm pretty new at all this stuff, but I found a site on the web that might interest you. Try www.unrealdetails.com and you'll see a product called Magic Water. If it works the way they claim,

you're going to be creating fantastic water scenes that aren't sticky! Good luck!

Maresiedotes

It is the two part epoxy type. I wiped the top with a wet napkin and it seemed to make it alittle less sticky. It's not bad. They said to mix it exactly and well, I eyeballed it so it was probably my fault. It just took alittle longer to dry.

Melanie, I love your bird bath! It looks wonderful. I have heard so many stories about the different waters and I guess I need to just go ahead and try some of themfor myself too. I have 2 different resin kinds and the ez water pellets (Everyone say that turns yellow over time though).

Wanna from elpaso has used Sobo glue o make water scenes that have turned out WONDERFUL, lady bug uses clear chalk stuff in a tube. <_<