Found on craigslist

Rosey

Ok so I was looking at craiglist and found this

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/for/1473799760.html

I think that's the Beacon Hill right?

I got to thinking and I just know the kid and I are going to get into it with this house because we have 2 totally different styles.

It's mostly built already and pink which the kid loves. I asked the lady if she had all the pieces and waiting for a reply.

Is that a good deal? I was thinking about talking her down a bit.

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/for/1473799760.html

oo i think you're right.

She says it's completely finished but looks like the front steps and railings are missing. I can't find a good picture of a finished one.

So good deal, bad deal?

I found this online album of someone's Cambridge.

http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/kk17/ma...se%20Cambridge/

To be honest with you, I'm not sure. Personally, might have to take into consideration how much work you're planning to put into it during the rehab process (are you replacing the wallpaper/flooring? that type of thing). I tend to try to be as cheap as possible when getting stuff on CL -- or stick to a budget when it comes to buying it.

Sorry if that's not much of a help.

Thanks for the pics. That helped a lot. There's a staircase missing inside, on the front and railings and yeah I would have to redo it. I'd rather spend 100 for a new one. Someone is selling a beacon hill nib for 100$ so we'll see.

I think the kiddo and I would fight too much if we shared one. And hey, if she doesn't like it then it's mine too :p

I want the other one in the box but the chick hasn't replied to me. It's an older ad. We'll see.

I know how it's going to be and since I am going to completely to it in a french style from where I'm from, there's no room for a pink room or anything pink for that matter and that's just not going to work for princess. lol I should have decided this from the start.

I'll be posting pics. I won't be starting it until at the earliest next week or Christmas *itching begins*

It's the Dura-Craft Cambridge, alright, missing not only stairs but both downstairs interior walls:

gallery_8_76_127973.jpg

and definitely pieces are missing from the front:

gallery_8_76_7682.jpg

One of these days I'll try to take better pictures of my Cambridge. My kit was US$99 NIB when I got it from HBS (before Dura-Craft went out of business; they were still trying to rerelease their kits in MDF).

It's beautiful Holly. I decided I could spend 100$ better elsewhere. If anything else, I can see what Michael's or Hobby Lobby have. I know I saw some pretty ones there.

Will I be able to wait until Christmas? :p