Well, THAT was disconcerting!

uppitycats

...We were hit by lightening...twice!...the first strike "frying" my computer (which is why I haven't been around here in almost two weeks!), the second strike "frying" a TV, the garage door openers, contaminating the well, and a few other things...

and then in the middle of dealing with all of that, the washing machine decided to stop extracting water....

and the insurance company is being MOST uncooperative (why is it they're EAGER to accept your premium, and SO helpful....but then when it comes time to submit a claim.....) (obviously a rhetorical question... :p )

Anyway. I was much too busy with all that craziness to glue so much as a piece of molding on my house...but maybe this week...

How awful Uppity!! But maybe you will be safe for awhile. They say things come in 3s and you've hit that limit. Good luck with you insurance company. I hope everything works out ok for you.

Peggi

WOW!!! I am glad that you both are okay and did not get a shock your self! I hope you getthings worked out with the insuance company. I hate filing claims too. I hate paper work of any sort (unless it is mini related LOL).

Keep us posted dear!

Directv is the same way. last sunday, a week ago today, our dish would not receive the signal.........for four days we played with it, going through all the prompts on the phone, etc. and still nothing, called the company and waited on the phone---the caller was nice, and adjusted our bill, but get this---he wrote up a order for soomeone to CALL ME for an appointment! I had to call back the next day and speak with TWO more people to get someone out here next week-- :p or tomorrow----and they'll be here somewhere between 8 and noon......like I have all the time in the world to wait around for the service guy to get here.............they're very willing to accept your money--but geez, try to get a person on the other end is almost impossible! :p

sorry to vent, I know how it is to be hit by lightning........in the past ten years our house has been hit several times. Usually the phone gets fried. and the tv. one time lightning struck THROUGH the window and hit the phone--we buy new phones on reg. basis.

We've been hit a few times too. I live on top of one of the highest points in the county. Luckily no damage to the house, but the computer got fried and I've lost 3 answering machines. I gave up on them and got an answering service. When I took the computer in to the shop, they guy asked what happened and when we said it got hit by lightening, he said" no it didn't it just quit working. Never tell us it got hit. Thats not covered under the warrenty." So I got my computer repaired for free. B)

Hope you are getting back to normal uppitycats.

terri

Thanks for your good wishes! No, no one here got hurt, and the house didn't burn down, or the garage.. The tree looks pretty frayed, though! ;)

My computer is back up and running. And we have a new TV. I have to check the VCR tomorrow, to be sure it's working...it seems like it is...

The garage doors aren't quite right, yet. We replaced the "mother boards" on both of them, but they still won't open. The trouble shooter says it is the "sensor boards", so they're coming in the mail, and we'll see what happens then.

I wish I would have had the good sense to NOT say "lightning" when asked -- because Dell probably WOULD have taken care of it....but I'm too honest.... :D

Anyway. The good thing is that I did get a new front-loading washer. SO much easier to tend to the laundry in a wheelchair, when the door and controls are "right there", easy to reach and manage!

Now I gotta get back to work on the dollhouse :lol:

oohhh yes plzzz do get back to that dollhouse!

I eagerly await your next photos of such a grand house.

so glad that mother nature only gave you a small nudge!

nutti :D

Glad you got your puter fixed for free! that's great!

I feel so bad about venting.......the poor little service guy came out on Monday to fix it, and they had him running all over the Northern Neck........in this heat--which had reached a 100 degree index on the beginning of the week........ :D to say it was hot was an understatement......but our directv is up! Luckily we haven't had any real bad storms out here!