turn of the century house ??

And I missed this! *sob*

I'll add... if there's reason to even think it's a Pierce, it's not from the early 20th century. The proportions of die-cut kit houses don't appear in dollhouses until Greenleaf and its rivals started producing them in the 1970s. And they're not the proportions that naturally occur when someone home-builds a house from scratch. It's a specific way of looking at house construction, geared to a specific technology.

Just because someone is an expert on antiques in general, he wouldn't necessarily know one specific subfield, be it dollhouses or china. This isn't the first expert I've seen be confused because the era of a dollhouse's shape is not the era of its construction. One dated as an early 20th century dollhouse something that was obviously a late 20th century birdhouse!

I have read somewhere on the internet that in the US 100 year old stuff is called antiques and in Europe it must be at least 200 years old. The 100 year old furniture is called "second hand" in Europe. But I think this difference is only important for serious collectors. I call my furniture antique although most of it isn't more than a hundred years old. I only have one very old Biedermeier vitrine. Maybe this is the only piece with a real value - but I don't care as long as my furniture looks nice. :lol: