The Montclair is in da house!

Well it arrived yesterday, The one I got from the HBS 50% sale, RGT evidently waited until they could fill the whole order (11 master kits) before sending them out. This is a big kit bouys and ghouls. 5 large boxes. It has all the extensions, the porch, conservatory and 2-story wing. Just got a chance to check out the porch (a LOT bigger than expected, and largely pre-assembled) and the component/trim package. Looks like it'll be a nice build, but want to finish the Garfield first. I'm not gonna get into 2 big kits at once.

Either he & marg live in a HUGE house, or else they're going to live in one room and display the finished houses everywhere else!

no on the large house :) and the space for living is dwindling. the family room space has become smaller and smaller! not entirely sure where to put all the completed houses, but that isn't a problem yet, not many are done ;) :) ;) I think the biggest problem will be finding space for the Grosvenor. I'll have to put it in the bedroom and rearrange somehow. There is just simply nowhere else to put it!

One of the great things about dollhouses is that when you have cats, they can also serve as useful cat perches. At least that's how Trinity views the dollhouses. The roof of the Beacon Hill is one of her favourite perches. Ray believes that if the cats are happy and I'm happy, then life at home has gotta be pretty okay.

-Susanne

It's also fun removing all the hair from a house in progress., and the cats do love to climb the houses. Though only Cassie has discovered how to get to the top of the Grosvenor. She uses the holes for the stairs. When the stairs are in it will likely thwart the little blighter.

We need a place to display all our models, a room we can close the moggies out of, they have lots of toys of their own. It'd be nice to display The Betty, but 600 hours into a very fragile scratchbuilt model and 5 furry terrors means it lives in a closet right now. Dougal bounced my Sandman gun into bits. I'd love to get into the Polar Lights Enterprise A, but where would I put a 3 foot starship model? And I DO NOT want to suspend them from the ceiling.