Garfield help

IAK

So I want to get nicer doors for the interior. The kitchen door is standard size, no problem. I'm actually thinking of a "saloon" type swing door for that. The bathroom has 3 doors. I just can't seem to find any that would fit. Any suggestions? Or do I just have to make some adjustments to make one fit. I have noticed other Garfields with doors. If anyone has a website or somewhere else I could find a narrow door for the 2nd floor bath I would appreciate your help.

Also what kind of glue should I use to glue down the Kitchen vinyl type floor. I put one in with spray adhesive and now it seems to be "bubbling up" Have to replace it :lol: Thanks for your input

If there's a doorway there ought to be a punchout somewhere, you can use card or skinny craft sticks to make trim and make your own interior doors that fit. I blogged about modifying the interior doorway in the Coventry and shimming to use a Houseworks interior door in it.

I use contact cement to install flooring, spread it over the floor and also over the side of the flooring I want to glue to to the floor, and when it's nearly dry I carefully lay the flooring onto the floor. I keep and old teaspoon I use to burnish the flooring to get out any air bubbles.

My plan is to by door molding, from any miniatures shop, for the trim, then skin the kit doors with real thin sheet bass, both sides, you can get that anywhere-like Michael's. Cut out little panels, paint the luan and stain the bass. I think it'll look good. The door molding should push out the door frame sufficiently to accomodate the increased door thickness.

I bought nicer interior doors for all door openings in the Garfield - all were "standard" 3/8in. thick. For some I had to enlarge the door opening; for others I modified the door by trimming the bottom or taking a chunk out of the center. Some of the doors were flipped to swing the door the correct way. Better trim (door molding purchased from mini store) was added with shims on both sides to accommodate for the thin walls on the Garfield. All in all not bad.

Thanks Colin. Actually that is what I was concidering doing. Getting nicer doors and making them fit in one way or another. I just hope I don't mess up with that idea.... Thanks everybody for your suggestions!