Ottawa Ontario mini show

I don't know of anyone that lives near me but I just wanted to pass along the information that the miniature club in Ottawa, Canada, is hosting a miniature show this Sunday (yep, Father's Day) at the R A Centre.

DH is not going, but you can bet that I will be there for sure!

It sounds great - I wonder if the Little Dollhouse Company will have a table.

-Susanne

I don't think so - it wasn't on their list of shows. In Montreal in March, the lady said they mainly do US and overseas shows. Guess we are not good enough for them?

Little Doll House was there, with their more modest priced stuff and their really expensive stuff.

I was a tad disappointed in the show because it was so small! Smaller than Montreal, even. DD and I were done in less than 1-1/2 hours.

No pictures taken.

Hi,

It seems that I've missed both of these shows (in the two cities I spend most of my time in- Montreal and Ottawa). Why don't I read this particular forum??

Anyhow, something you wrote caught my eye- what miniature club in Ottawa?? I thought that once Lilliputs went out of business there was no public mini-activity of any kind in Ottawa.

Would you mind telling me the name of the club so that I can find it and maybe attend (depending on where and when they meet- Ottawa is very spread out).

Thanks,

Adorabelle

Hi,

It seems that I've missed both of these shows (in the two cities I spend most of my time in- Montreal and Ottawa). Why don't I read this particular forum??

Anyhow, something you wrote caught my eye- what miniature club in Ottawa?? I thought that once Lilliputs went out of business there was no public mini-activity of any kind in Ottawa.

Would you mind telling me the name of the club so that I can find it and maybe attend (depending on where and when they meet- Ottawa is very spread out).

Thanks,

Adorabelle

Not a problem!

The club is called "Miniature Enthusiasts of Ottawa". According to the paper I picked up at the show, meetings are the first Wednesday of every month at the McNabb Community Centre (corner of Gladstone & Percy), with workshops also held the second and fourth Wednesday of each month. For more information, the website given is: www.meominis.com

Liza

How did you get out of there in just 1-1/2 hours?? Now, I haven't been to that show, but to a couple of small ones here...and after 1-1/2 hours, I'm just gettin' started!! :)

I am trying to figure out my September calendar 'cuz there are shows sorta near me Chicago...only a 5-1/2 hour drive! or so I keep mentioning to my husband.. Thankfully he's getting as much involved in all this as I am, so maybe....

How did you get out of there in just 1-1/2 hours?? Now, I haven't been to that show, but to a couple of small ones here...and after 1-1/2 hours, I'm just gettin' started!! :)

I am trying to figure out my September calendar 'cuz there are shows sorta near me Chicago...only a 5-1/2 hour drive! or so I keep mentioning to my husband.. Thankfully he's getting as much involved in all this as I am, so maybe....

To tell you the truth, unless you were ready to buy the really expensive stuff, it was pretty boring. But, then again, I am not ready to get all the little things that add realism to a dh, so they were interesting to look at, but not to buy. And when I say small, this one was really, really small. Maybe 15 vendors or so.

To tell you the truth, unless you were ready to buy the really expensive stuff, it was pretty boring. But, then again, I am not ready to get all the little things that add realism to a dh, so they were interesting to look at, but not to buy. And when I say small, this one was really, really small. Maybe 15 vendors or so.

I like the expensive stuff. I wish the Little Dollhouse Company would keep a more updated website. She's phoned me from time to time and sent me e-mails and photos of items. And I have bought some artisan miniatures from her store. She's been very generous and has sent me discount coupons. But I've told her, I'd really like to see more of her items ... not just what she's chosen for me. I know that she's busy though. I guess the answer would be for me to hop on a plane and go there myself. I'm not much of a traveller though - I really like being at home. If I did go to one miniature shop it would be Larriannes Small Wonders in California - that would definitely be my first trip.

-Susanne

Ah, Susanne, then Ron's Miniature Shop in Orlando would have to be your second! He carries EVERYTHING!

All the talk that I've heard about Ron's makes me want to go to Florida just to go to that store!