my first house

Yay! Someone else who does the hippy kind of thing!

If you look at the Team Arthur blog, you can see "progress" on my mod-tiki Arthur. There is a ton of really great scrapbook paper for wallpaper out there now. I only did a 70s design in the kitchen because I wanted an old house that had been redone multiple times, not always consistently. But there were some orange patterns that were hard to resist.

When I do my next macrame plant hanger, I'll post photos and instructions. They're really easy to make, in a tedious way.

Wende, I'm looking forward to a mini macrame tutorial, I haven't done any since the '70s :unsure: ! I'm leaning toward over-the-top late Victorian/ early Edwardian for the Willowcrest, I may even try a mini bead curtain...

• 2 months later...

well My neice brought her house to me for some help with the dormers

according to mom the black on the outside was the 4th color the house had been painted. and she being the 16 yr old cousin of many younger ones she let the littler kids help. so after we put the dormers on we had a little talk and I had her go outside and primer the house. than we painted the roof with the brown textured paint from My glencroft.

the inside....well it will be needing some help also....she went a tad wild and did the wallpaper before she had the proper glue...I sggested maybe she start again

and than I made her a bag to take home of paint brushes, mod podge and told her to call me if she needed more help.

mom told me it is now neon green on the main part and the 3 dormers are 3 different colors. as long as she is having fun I dont care what she does with it!

but I posted photos of it in her album Rufays orchard

nutti :)

I think the house is awesome!!! Actually, I think I saw the REAL house in California in 1968! Please tell me at least one room will contain burnt orange shag carpeting. :)

Charlene