Fabric Samples

heidiiiii

I am probably not giving out any new information but I just had to share. I was in JoAnn`s yesterday and came upon a bin full of discontinued fabric samples (swatches). $1.99 a piece.

I found a nice piece for carpeting I think the master bed or the livingroom. Cant decide. I also have 1 for sheers in the mast. bed and 1 for drapes in the mast. bed.

I didnt want to go hog wild. Now I have to go back and maybe pick some up for bed linens....

I have found alot of remnants at joanns! Nice fabric at nice prices. I have a ton to choose from, some of which i purchased for my mini doll kits, some for my barbie nudes that i have. It's been my desire to make a bunch of victorian and georgian dressed barbies and mini dolls....one of these days! I have all the supplies, just haven't done it yet! :D

I seem to be getting that way. I have a big tote in basement full of fabric (halloween costumes, pillows, curtains, etc) Now I am accumulating mini stuff.

This just hit me.

The one who dies with the most miniatures wins!

I go nuts at Joanne's with the fat quarters! They closed down the one I usually go to, so I hold out for the 100-mile trips to HL.

I got a real coup when we were in Valdosta, GA, for the Azalea Festival bike ride, the outlet mall near our campground has a decorator fabrics outlet (where the Pfaltzgraf used to be) and the day I wandered in it turned out they were having a HUGE clearance sale, so I wound up with a great big (recyclable) zipper plastic bag FULL of wonderful upholstery and other decorator fabric remnants (see the bedroom carpet in my Coventry blog) for US$0.75! :angry:

BTW, I am accumulating quite a selection of lace from various thrift shops :lol: