Cutoff saw on sale

doogster

Just to let anyone interested know, the mini cutoff saw from HF is on sale until April 24. For some reason it's not on sale at the website, but is according to a flyer I got yesterday. If you've got a HF near you might be worth checking it out.

Hey, Andrew, If you are thinking of buying that cut off saw don't waste your money. i got one about two years ago and it is much more of a bother than it is worth. You can only cut angles in one direction and the fence isn't real accurate, and the thing that grips the wood sucks, It has a very limited opening and the size of the stock you can cut is limited.

I work with power tools everyday, and know how to use them and this one is bad.

But just my opinion

terri

Thanks for the heads up, Terri. I looked at one the last trip we had a Harbor Freight store to check out, and it didn't look that great, it looked too easy to lose small items through the opening.

Actually I've had this saw for a while, and never had a problem with it. Is the gauge accurate, not completely, but then neither is the one on my Delta (it tells you to use a protractor). You can only cut angles in one direction? Yeah, but then I can always turn the wood piece over and thus reverse the angle. The size of stock you can cut is limited? Obviously, look at the size of the tool. It's a mini tool made for cutting small stock, it's real alternative is the one from Micro Mart for 120 or so dollars. And does anyone here want to cut 1/12th scale trim with a full sized mitre saw? Cause I sure don't.