Advice, please

lmgervais

Some of the embroidered ribbon trims make great stair runners.

I guess that I haven't looked in the right places, because I haven't found any. Also, how do I deal with the 90o turns if the ribbon as a pattern?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you could fold the ribbon diagonally, but I've noticed RL stair carpet stops at the top of the last riser and is apparently cut, and then the new piece is laid at right angles so the pattern follows the new direction up from the landing; Being ME, I'd continue the pattern to the wall and join the carpet in the new direction at the bottom of the first riser of the new flight. Google images of carpeted stairs and see what they do, because it's a problem even if you stitch your own patterned stair runners.

I watched part of the movie that the idea for changing the era of the house came from earlier today. (Anne of Green Gables with Megan Follows). I took notes as it went along, so I think that I have a better idea of how my Glencroft should be accesorized. One thing I realized - no outside lights as they were still using kerosene-type lamps. The movie also showed wooden floors and staircase (no runner), a hand-pump sink in the kitchen, and a pitcher and washbasin in the bedroom. Also did a bit of research - no bathrooms at that time except in the houses of the extremely rich - so that means chamber pots in the rooms.

Then, I went back to the basement to look at the house again and to lower the porch wall. Fiddled around with the front entrance as neither the house nor I were totally happy with what I had come up with. Changed the design of the main room totally using foamcore and paper to see what it would look like. Now I really need to make/get some appropriate furniture to see if there is enough room for everything! The house seems to be happier now, but it is still bugging me about whether I have made up my mind about adding wallpaper or not. I have not. I think that it is starting to get impatient aand wants things to move along and they would if it makes up its mind (and me too). :clap: