editing a previous post

I know I can edit a post I made right after I posted it. But, is there a way to go back in and edit a post from a different day? I know I can just add a new post with the new information or questions, but I hate to keep adding posts and make a thread miles long!

Thanks!

Wendy

The "edit" button is to the left of the "multi+" button and it's always there, even if it doesn't show up, when you pass your cursor over it it changes from an arrow to a hand.

For duplicate topic posts, like this one did, you need to PM one of the admins to remove the extras before someone posts to one of them.

Mine doesn't! the edit button is only there if I just posted the post. Its not even there for my original post for this thread, and its not invisible either- nothing happens to the left of the multi+ button. Arrow only.

Granted, my computing skills are only so good, but I swear its not there.

Hmmm...Holly, I hadn't thought about that, actually. I guess I was thinking of people reading the post for the first time rather than having read it already, then opening it up later just to read what was added. Good point.

Deana- I'm not posting pics in separate threads, just adding strings of comment/questions. I think this has more to do with the fact that I'm often guilty of going back to an original post or question and adding "oh, and I forgot about this..." or "and I meant to also ask this question also..." or "oops the name of the dh is actually the Bunny Hutch, not the Turkey Coop like I had thought" etc. Hope that makes sense.

As long as its not a big deal to make one thread long by adding additional posts looking for more info, then great! I have no need to edit. I was just thinking about streamlining my long winded "and, and, and" post additions. :p

Cheers!

Wendy

If everyone would add their comments and further progress to an existing thread, rather than open a new topic every time a new picture gets uploaded to an album, it would make a lot fewer topics to "search" though.