Interesting Info About the Lily

LPCullen

Some of you know that I have been so busy with work lately that everything has taken a back seat. Why, I was absolutely stunned to discover that the grocery store had closed down! That's how much I had been away from work ...

Anyway, when I went to the other house for the weekend, I didn't take the Lily with me because I was planning on working all weekend long on work stuff. So, Jimmy called and asked if I wanted him to bring the Lily, and I said no, because I just didn't have time to work on it this weekend, so just leave it there becaues I don't have time this weekend. He said he wanted to bring it because he planned on working on it, so I said OK but I won't have time to work on it (wallpapering is done, Jimmy had to get the roof in and finished).

So, Jimmy loads it into the blue truck that he drives most of the time (y'all remember I've been driving the white truck this week, right?), and brings it on up. Puts it on the kitchen table (I've got files all over the dining room table, along with Stefanie's wedding invitations, etc.), and proceeds to install the roof. Then he gets up this morn and leaves to come back to here, and leaves the Lily on the kitchen table. Great. That means I'm supposed to bring it home, along with all the files and other things I'm lugging around.

So, I open the passenger door of the white truck and try to get the Lily into it. It won't go. I open the back door of the passenger side of the truck to create more room, and it still won't go in. I push the seat all the way back, and the Lily simply WILL NOT go into the truck .... GRRRRR ... I'm getting really aggravated, and so I gently pull the Lily back out (only got it 1/3 of the way in) and take it back into the house and gently sit it on the floor. It will have to stay there until I go back up with the Sportage, which has a larger area in the back, and seats that fold down.

And the moral to this story is, a Lily with a roof on it WILL NOT fit into a Ford Ranger .... no way, no how. Huh uh. Just in case any of y'all wanted to know that ...

and proceeds to install the roof.

Not surprised it wouldn't fit in the truck,--the statement above is what amazes me. :angry: Not fair, you make it sound so simple and I had so much trouble with that mansard roof. (mumbling to self, no mention of magic words, no mention of bending of the roof pieces, oh I knew this shouldn't have been my first experience, mumble mumble mumble) ;)

<cackle, snort, snarkle> heheheheehehee You both just crack me up. Peggi, I think Freud could have developed a whole new theory with your love/hate relationship with that mansard roof. :angry: ;) :) Does this mean that there's not a Beacon Hill in your future? heheheheheehehehee

Thanks for the heads up about Ford Rangers Linda. :D My friend has a PT Cruiser and measured the back of it before I built the Lily for her to make sure she could get it home. Her husband may be taking a greyhound back, but the Lily will ride in style. :D

Deb

Not surprised it wouldn't fit in the truck,--the statement above is what amazes me. :angry: Not fair, you make it sound so simple and I had so much trouble with that mansard roof. (mumbling to self, no mention of magic words, no mention of bending of the roof pieces, oh I knew this shouldn't have been my first experience, mumble mumble mumble) ;)

LOL Peggi! Actually, I wasn't there for the bending and stuff with that part, and he did have a few "choice" words to say about that!

he did have a few "choice" words to say about that!
I feel better now, thank you, I will not mumble anymore. LOL

Does this mean that there's not a Beacon Hill in your future?

Nope, no more mansard roofs for me (at least not till I do a few that I can just breeze thru) hahaha

My friend has a PT Cruiser and measured the back of it before I built the Lily for her to make sure she could get it home.
If I take enough seats out of mine I could probably fit a Garfield in it! ;) I love my little green "baby"! :angry:

Nope, no more mansard roofs for me

Also remember Peggi has a Cambridge! My worst experience assembling that one was when one of the mansard sections decided to separate along one of the scores (they came prescored & some of the scores were pretty deep, which is why the instructions said to run tape across the pieces before removing them) despite the tape. The air turned so blue DH thought we were fixing to have a hurricane!

Do some people like the PT Cruiser? I had one as a rental for a week when I interviewed in Arizona. Poor visibility, turning radius of a 747, acceleration of a snail. Is there something about this car I'm missing? I couldn't wait to get back in my Intrigue.

People either love 'em or hate 'em. I test drove an automatic transmission version & decided I souldn't get one if it didn't come with standard. Then the dealership made me an offer on the internet to order a brand new one, and I got exactly what I wanted, a five-speed with none of the "extras" I didn't want & all the ones I did. Both DH & I love it. It's heavy for its size, but I have no complaints about acceleration, maneuverability or mileage.

I have a 1:24 PT Cruiser for the little people in the Fantasy Villa.

My friend Kathy loves hers too. She held out for a standard tranny as well. :D Hers is candy apple red and her vanity plate on the front says, "Gramma's Car Rocks". It suits her and for some reason Holly, I get the feeling that yours suits you as well. :D It's a car with a lot of character.

Deb

It does, indeed. At one of my elementary schools they teased me about my little "gangster" car. The nice thing about the 5-speed is that I don't have any of the problems I've heard former PT owners complain about their automatic transmission versions. I don't have an ego-tag, but I have a license plate from my alma mater with my 5-digit student number on it.

When we delivered the Arthur to DS#2 & his fiancee we popped it right in along with all our clothes for a two-week trip to VA & the gear we take for bike-riding (the tandem rode on top & we brought home DH's new single on top coming home). I don't know about some of the really huge houses, but the back seats fold down or come out & if that doesn't work there's always DH's F-150, a blue tarp & bungee cords!