Extremely New

XansGirl

I used to work at Michael's years ago- isn't it great to be surrounded by all those craft supplies? Dangerous with the employee discount, though, you're right about that!!

I've actually been using scrapbooking paper for dollhouse wallpaper. You just have to spray it with a matte sealer first. I don't know what others would recommend, but I've had the most success putting it on the walls with glue stick. I tried wheat wallpaper paste and it constantly peeled off the walls. Craft glue was lumpy no matter how much I smoothed it out.

Good luck, you're going to have lots of fun! :wave:

• 2 weeks later...

I used scrapbook paper for the walls. I like how it turned out but I didn't use any sort of matte sealer on it. Would it still be ok? I used spray adhesive for the floors and it was really lumpy but eventually i got it flat.

its coming along GREAT but i'm still lost on what to do with the windows.. how the double pane thing works... I still don't know how to put it together <_<

i have been doing dollhouses seriously for 2 years now and i still havnt used real dollhouse wallpaper. i usually use scrapbooking paper or stuff i print out myself. the stuff works great. ive never sealed it with clear sealer.

ok good :) i thought I had done something wrong by missing it :queen:

Any tips on attaching the gussets for the side walls of the Buttercup?

I put the small triangles on top of the side wall where it doesn't come to a point and the gusset is bigger than the flat top of the side wall... I'm sortof confused on how to attach it.

Hi! I just recently got the Buttercup DH myself and I had so much fun building it! You can check out those pictures in my albums on my membership page. I am also trying to figure out how to put the gassets on and I think I am just going to glue them right on top of the "triangle" hole, if you know what I mean by that. The instructions did not even give reference to them which I found odd but I guess you can use your imagination. Also, if you plan on wiring do that after you build because you want to know where exactly you want the wiring/lights to go in the house. It depends on your preference weather you want to paper or paint the walls, but I suggest painting them white and if you do use wallpaper put it on a hard surface so that you can inter change the wallpapers inside your house. This will probably be a lot of fun too!!!