The time has come....

Merry

Okay. I have almost finished the outside, and I am now scared stiff about electrifying the house and making the stairs. Which comes first?

Also, how do you know how many lights you are going to use and where? Am I the only one who can't seem to figure that out?

I am not crazy about the "open space" stairs. Has anyone enclosed theirs, and are you willing to part with any secrets?

Lots of house have enclosed stairs. If you have the room to do it with out hiding something else. I usually put the stairs in last so they are not in my way of working on everything else. In my quilt shop the stairs are at the side with a wall. I added a false door to make a bathroom so sometimes enclosed stairs are handy and some people leave them out all together. Hope this helps give you some ideas. :p

I don't electrify, but the stairs are usually the next-to-last things to go in; windows are last, then furnishings. You're going to want to wire before you decorate, no?

Yes, I will definitely electrify my house before I begin decorating. I guess I just don't know where sconces and things like that will go yet. Thank you for telling me about the stairs and windows; now I know! (Happy face)

Lots of house have enclosed stairs. If you have the room to do it with out hiding something else. I usually put the stairs in last so they are not in my way of working on everything else. In my quilt shop the stairs are at the side with a wall. I added a false door to make a bathroom so sometimes enclosed stairs are handy and some people leave them out all together. Hope this helps give you some ideas. :p

Well, thank you, butlerestates! I don't want to put a bathroom in necessarily, but I have some nice bathroom pieces. I guess I could always put the bathroom in the attic!! (happy face) (I have to figure out the face things)

I had a hard time trying to decide what rooms would be what, especialy on the second floor. Once I decided all the rooms and set the dividers, I then got an idea how the furniture would go. In some rooms I drew on the wood to get an idea, then marked where I would have a light or lamp.

Good luck~~

(I have to figure out the face things)
There's an emoticon button you can click to get the smilies. I tend to use "Fast Reply" unless I'm doing a long quote, and then sometimes I just type the characters, like : and D to get :cold:

There's an emoticon button you can click to get the smilies. I tend to use "Fast Reply" unless I'm doing a long quote, and then sometimes I just type the characters, like : and D to get :yes:

Okay, let's see if a smilie face shows up! :cold: Yea!!! I am brilliant!

Thanks, havanaholly!