Can you help me id this house please?

dollhousecrazymarten

Hi Everyone,

My Mom rescued this dollhouse several years ago, and after finally deciding she can't do anything with it, she gave it to me :doh: Neither of us have any idea what company i this house is by. It is a kit, and is a combination of tab/slot, nails and glue. I'm not concerned about the missing pieces, as it will be in the Tudor Revival Style. I'm mostly curious about the origins.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4120...mp;id=505418210

Thanks.

it's a dura-craft Newberg. Do you have some parts to complete it? It is not exactly 1:12 scale so you might have to make the stairs to get them just right. On the other hand the stairs do take up a lot of the internal space so you can skip them for larger easier to decorated rooms. I saw on once where a 1/2 above ground cellar was added and made into a servants room, wine cellar and a washing room/kitchen. It is a charming versatile house, enjoy it!

Thanks for the quick id :doh: . I suspected that it's not exactly 1/12, which is fine. I am planning to extend the back of the house out and up for more space, which solves the staircase space issue. I'm sure what I'm about to say is anathema to some, but I'm going to do the house in a Tudor Revival Style.

If anyone has any pics of the Newberg finished, I am curious as to what it looks like completed.

Thanks.

A few weeks ago I saw a DuraCraft Newberg and a San Franciscan both built so they opened and the stairs where housed in the addition with a kitchen downstairs and a sleeping porch upstairs. It seemed like a good way to build these as there are plenty of views through the windows and cats and dust could be kept under control.

I wish I could remember WHERE I saw these!

I replyed to Christine to buy her Brimble within a half hour of her posting but someone already staked claim! Sad face. :doh: Where is my innkeeping Cat and his family going to live? They are expecting another kitten any day now... poor things.