For those who have the Brookwood

I was looking at some Brookwood interior pictures but its still very hard to make out the kitchen dimensions. Does anyone know if this kitchen set would fit in it:

http://www.miniatures.com/hbs/global/Index...RODUCTSKU=74134

http://www.miniatures.com/hbs/global/Index...RODUCTSKU=74136

I know that the bottom will likely fit but I wonder about the top.

Gina, I'm working on the Brookwood now. If the room you are talking about is the room with the stairs going up the back of the chimney, the measurements are 6" x 11". There is an entranceway at the front of this room that leads into the livingroom area as well as the one in the back. So cupboards wouldn't be able to go to closely to the hallway in front. To me, the room looks rather small for the kitchen you've chosen but then I've paperclayed the whole staircase so that would take up room that you might have available in yours.

Hope this helps.

I found both the kitchen and bathroom really too small. I put the bathroom on the third floor and extended what was suppose to be the bathroom and gave it a flat roof and made that the kitchen with the intended kitchen area as just an eating area. There are pictures in my gallery.

I also highly suggest doing a dry fit on this house because of some of the weird eccentricities. If you want to do anything to the chimney (bricks, stones, etc.) mark where the stairs and floors hit it so you won't have problems with fitting it together afterwards. It is one of my favorite houses that I have built, but you need to be careful with a few things to ensure perfect fit.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I really want a modern kitchen in that house and I want to glue it on there as part of the build so it cant be removed later, sort of like how a real house is built. I thought that since these pieces came seperate I could figure out a way to make them fit but Im certainly going to do my measurements very carefully before I buy it. Its pretty expensive for it to not fit later.

I want to make the kitchen bigger too. I was looking at eliminating the bathroom, but adding on is a good idea.

I'm thinking of moving the stair case from the centre of the building and putting a spiral staircase in the bay window. I saw something like that at an inn and it was spctacular. Also gives more room in the centre of the house.

Anyone else moved their stairs??

Susan

Thanks, Connie. It also solved the solution of what to do in that small room--make it bigger. I know when I dry-fitted it the regular bathroom set was a tough fit and even the one with a corner tub was hard to fit in.

The kitchen is small and I like the thought of using the bathroom as the kitchen perhaps opening up the wall between them in a large archway and having the dining area near the stairs.....then adding on another room next to the kitchen for the bathroom...making it about the length of the kitchen and about 8" wide. That would give it the space plus makes another larger deck on top......hmmmmm I'm going to have to work this out....perhaps moving the current bathroom roof over to the new bathroom and making a nice flat roof with acess from that room on the second floor....make sence? Or am I just blowing smoke?

Why do you want a "large arch" to connect the kitchen with the bathroom? I would think even wee dh-sized people would like a door to close when they're in the bathroom!lol I haven't tried it with the limited edition birch, but the 1/8" plywood cuts nicely with several passes of my utility knife with a new, sharp blade & a steel straight edge.

Well if my wee people were real exhibitionists I guess I could put the bathroom in the sunroom!

I was just thinking of opening the room up so the kitchen would be larger and find another room in the house for the bathroom. I don't have the birch edition so I could use my knife.

You could put the bathroom in the sunroom, build up the outer walls halfway, put screens on the remaining open areas and make Roman blinds for inside. I made a bead curtain for the bathroom door of the McKinley, since it was Art Deco/ late William Morris anyway.