I got my travel trailer today.

Shakyshaky

I'm looking forward to seeing how you do your trailers. I'd thought of getting one, but I'm still just getting started and need Ray's help. He'll be retiring in May 2007 (we've just decided!!) I'm so looking forward to him being home more. 30 years of shift work has left me alone a great deal of the time. :D

If I can just get him to start me on the electrical and a few other things ... I'd be off. But sometimes, his days off just get away on us. :rolleyes:

Have you decided how you're going to do your trailers ... holiday caravans, gypsy wagons? Oh oh oh I know what I'd do "Haunted Holiday". :blink:

Maybe I'll order one .... just in case .....

Susanne

Ooh you know what would be cool? To do a travel trailer of a circus performer on the circuit. Maybe a clown practicing a trick with his dog...and a trailer full of clown memorobilia...or it could be the trailer of the tutu girl who does all the tricks on the horses...who once had olympic equistrian dreams but the strain was just too much for her...and she's having an affair with the strongman. ( I really need to stop now, don't I?) Oh and of course you could plaster the outside of the trailer with circus posters and have some kids eating cotton candy walking by.

~Jenny

Melanie, I just crawled all over the HBS site & printed off an entry form in case I get the kit built before the deadline, but there are no pictures of the '05 contest winners yet ;)

I finally got DS' roombox/ atrium to repair. Claudilla (the little girl doll) sustained so much irreparable damage I shall have to replace her, and I shall have to make the nursemaid new arms, or at least forearms; she has one finger left on each hand. The rest need rewigging. I've decided the tiny toothprints in the bird's perch give it "character" (that's my story & I'm sticking to it! :blink: ).

You guys should think about entering too. <_< The camper is this years project for the contest. I have no idea what I will do with mine. I only entered last year because I have wanted a hat shop for a while and the room box was great for what I wanted. :blink: I really had no ideas about getting the trailer so I am at a liitle bit of a loss as what to do with it. I am going to wait and see if it speaks to me. ( I have visions of hot dog carts in my head :blink: )

I love the circus idea. That's all dh needs is a circus caravan to go with the circus around here. ;)

You guys should think about entering too.  :blink: 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd love to but I need to focus on my witches dollhouse. But I love living vicariously through you guys. ;)

If I had one though I think I might make a traveling toymaker. He travels around, fixing broken toys and carving new ones. Could be fun to do.

It might be just a regional thing but when I think about travel trailers I think about mobile burrito sellers. Mmmm... Do they have those everywhere or is it just a 'near the Mexican border" sort of thing.

Ok...now I need a burrito for lunch.

Got mine today too--haven't even thought about what I might turn it into, but jing-jing's idea of a traveling circus trailer is cute! I like that idea! Someone traveling with performing monkeys, or dogs, the possibilites are endless. Or even a concession trailer!

I got my travel trailer the other day

{HIIIII I'm back!!!---Didja miss me? ;) }

Anyhow, now I have THREE of them little devils.....I had already bought two of them.

I know what I'm gonna do mine on......my youngest daughter was really 'into' softball when she was a kid and one year we even traveled to the Texas state competition in Lubbock, TX --about 6 or 8 hour drive, don't remember. But what I thought of is how nice it would have been to have a trailer when we went....sooooo my theme will be about a girls softball team going to state in a travel trailer with all sorts of softball parrafin....paraphen...poraphane...pearfanaliey... STUFF in and around the trailer...snacks, bats, gloves, balls, caps and of course typical teenage girl stuff, too. Nail polish, makeup, hair curlers....etc.

I plan to give it to my daughter as a reminder of all the fun she had playing softball. She still plays when she can!

My grandaughter plans to compete in this year's contest....she has already thought of making a fireworks stand.....almost every fireworks stand around here has or is a travel trailer....should be cute as heck. Oh, hey, does anyone know if there's a minimum age to enter the contest? Grandaughter is only 11. (hehe I'm gettin her started early... :blink:

Doe

I got my travel trailer the other day

{HIIIII I'm back!!!---Didja miss me? :blink: }

Doe

Of course we missed you! I was wondering the other day where you'd gotten to. Welcome back!

Deb

;) Doe, great to have ya back! I had forgotten that here in Va. they have the little fireworks trailers--

when I visited Orlando, on the way down through the Carolinas, they have those fireworks trailers lined up along the interstate! :blink: Your granddaughter has the right idea! Another cool one would be the souvenir stand, or a cotton candy and lemonade fair trailer! All the hokey fair souvenirs, balloons, etc, hanging from it. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with mine, I opened it yesterday. The wheels will definitely have to be upgraded to look more run down and realistic.

The wheels will definitely have to be upgraded to look more run down and realistic.

David & I have found scale wooden tires in 2/99 cents.

With that flip-up/ fold-down feature it really is more a concession trailer, like the souvenir sellers at the fair. I'm not sure if I want to bash that into something else, now; y'all are giving such great ideas here.

• 4 weeks later...

Why not? I talked about my atrium. For a while we had a travel trailer thread going onder the "Corona Concepts" forum topic, you could post there. I was planning to, when I get around to building one.

Darrell's trailer is still in the corner, way, way under a table , in that corner that is hard to reach. The other one is still in the box. He is helping me finish up our unfinished projects, since I needed the table the 2 house were on to work on the Garfiled. He will go back to work on it as we get the UFO's finished. They do not have to be complety furnished inside, The outside and inside must be finished. We can work on fill em up things later.

Melissa

Melissa -

Have you decided how you're going to finish your travel trailer? I'm still deciding whether or not to order one. I'd kind of like to do one up as a senior retirement get-away. I love doing gardens, and would like to decorate the outside by putting the trailer on a garden site.

Susanne

I've been giving some thought to doing one. I saw that Ernie is going to be having a sale on them before long and at $14.99, that's almost too good to pass up. I'm not sure how well my idea would go over in a contest tho. Ever since I started mini-ing, I've wanted to do a 60's room box. I think I may get the travel trailor and do a "Woodstock or Bust" theme. Fun with tie-dye, spray paint, beaded curtains, beanbags and peace signs!

Deb

MIne is going to be a clown wagon from the circus. I saved all the cake toppers that came on my kids first birthday cakes and two of them were clown things and one was winnie the pooh that would make a good circus prize. ( the other was babies that are way to big) I have bashed it a bit. I was thinking of having the clown and tight rope walker live in it. ( they would be married of course.) I found the cutest little baby monkey to go in it too at Target.

One of the trailers will be decorated in a "trailer trash" theme. Am still looking for a male doll with a pot belly and full arms, I am not sure how the other one will be decorated. At the price of them, someone could build a whole trailer park.

Melissa

I've also thought of making mine into a travelling toy trailer. I've got a very large collection of 1:12 toys. That's something else I'd like to do is a toy shop, but maybe a trailer toy shop would work too. My main problem is where to put it :p (eyeing Ray's miniature trains on the shelves in the computer room) ... hmmmm :)

Susanne

• 2 weeks later...
One of the trailers will be decorated in a "trailer trash" theme. Am still looking for a male doll with a pot belly and full arms, I am not sure how the other one will be decorated. At the price of them, someone could build a whole trailer park.

Melissa

And it would be really great of those full arms are heavily tattoed!

A trailer park is a great idea! Maybe you could do Sunnyvale (Home of Trailer Park Boys-a Canadian show).