glencroft

ilovecats

I just got a Glencroft!!! I have seen such beatiful pictures here on the forum of the awesome work that you guys do. It inspired me to do one of my own. I was going to wait to get this kit, but I found one for a nice price and decided to go for it. I won't get to it for awhile, but my plans are for a walled english garden (i have lots of flower kits), stuccoed interior and thatched roofing. This house is so charming and I fell in love with the front room right from the start! This completes my dollhouse wishlist! Margarita

okay. I lied. One last thing on my wishlist (I just forgot about it). A lawbre greenhouse and potting shed. That is the last thing (kit wise) that i will buy for a long long long time. I hope my better half won't be upset with me ;) ;) I had to do it tho, they are rare to find and it was "buy it now". ;) :lol: Seriously tho, no more for a long while since i have found too many good things this week. I am now banned from ebay for 2 weeks. I've banned myself. Seriously. :p

LOL Marg!

I banned myself from ebay from right before Christmas until early Feb. Then something in my china pattern appeared, when there had been nothing for a year, and then more appeared, and ... well ... ban is WAY OVER now.

LOL Marg!

I banned myself from ebay from right before Christmas until early Feb. Then something in my china pattern appeared, when there had been nothing for a year, and then more appeared, and ... well ... ban is WAY OVER now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i didn't last long :blink: i found another house :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

My house still hasn't arrived! :D I emailed the seller today...i am VERY worried now...i ordered the Westville from her last week and it arrived today. i ordered the Glencroft 2 weeks ago and no sign of it yet :D:D Hopefully they'll get back to me tomorrow!

On a very fun and positive note...my willowcrest, westville and vineyard arrived today!!!!! How absolutely exciting!!!

Wow, she hasn't contacted you. I too would be worried.

What are you planning for your glencroft? I still have mine in the box. My husband said--this is a huge house when I bought it over a year ago. I fell in love with my Arthur and haven't quite decided what I would like to do with the glencroft, though I have had a few ideas of the line it might take. The Arthur (Olde Shelby Cottage) has taken on a life of its own, and collecting for it has been such fun. The gallery blogs here show a wide range of what you can accomplish with this little house.

ohh come on Lisa tell him is not so big!

its more like a medium size house!

and it is so much fun to build!

nutti :D

Ditto here! It's a bit involved, but boy did I ever fall in love with it! And I'm not a tudor house fan!

Wow, she hasn't contacted you. I too would be worried.

What are you planning for your glencroft? I still have mine in the box. My husband said--this is a huge house when I bought it over a year ago. I fell in love with my Arthur and haven't quite decided what I would like to do with the glencroft, though I have had a few ideas of the line it might take. The Arthur (Olde Shelby Cottage) has taken on a life of its own, and collecting for it has been such fun. The gallery blogs here show a wide range of what you can accomplish with this little house.

I received an email from the seller, it should arrive today or tomorrow. I wish they had let me know about the delay, that way i wouldn't have worried! For my Glencroft i will do an english tudor cottage with thatched roofing. I hope to eventually do a walled english garden around it....maybe if we move to another house and i can shut the houses up in a room....naughty cats seem to love dollhouse greenery! Have fun with yours! Marg

IF we move? I think we're gonna have to. I wouldn't bother trying to sell these things, to even get close to what I make at work (and if you're building to sell it's work-might as well do overtime at the ER) I'd guess I'd be starting at 10K. So the houses are keepers. To start there are the large houses, the Federal, Garfield, Foxhall, Queen Anne 2, Grosvenor, Nob Hill, Victorian Mansion and now the Willowcrest. Where would we put just these? There are a few more now too. And, evidently, more on the way.

Personally I'd like to get a bigger house in the future, with an open basement we could finish and use as a miniatures room, see, houses and models. Door to keep furry feet out. In addition to the houses a 3 foot model of the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-A) takes up a fair bit of room. And that Finemolds Millennium Falcon needs a safe home.

oooo I know how you feel about haveing a safe display area!

we have 3 out buildings on our property and Hubby has been talking lately of having the one closest to the house remodled for a workroom/display room for me and my Houses.

sure wish he would hurry up with the privacy fence he is building and the pool repairs and hey could he cut down on some of those 12 hour days so he could get right on it! :D

lol

nutti :D

Oops, whatever was I thinking of? (Saving horizontal space for the Garf?)

You see, you only hang models from the ceiling that you don't really want people to see. Unless it's in an atrium and people can get above the model. And hanging the model tends to damage it. No the Polar Lights Ent-A seems to be a short lived creature since RC-2 bought them out. Evidently they're dropping the Trek license when it comes up for renewal. Think I may buy another to keep sealed in the box and sell at a later date, hey the 4 foot DeBoers Ent-A easily fetches 2 grand plus on Ebay. And the FineMolds Falcon. Only a cur would hang that work of art, 900 plus pieces, 200 plus bucks. You save hanging for the crud like AMT/ERTL kits, Their Falcon looks like the guy who mastered it was either blind, drunk, or both. A far more reasonable solution is to move to a largere house. :D