To stucco or not to stucco?

jing-jing

Finished my faux stone floor this weekend and I'm amazed and how great it looks! Thanks for all the great advice on it.

Now on to my second mission...the walls. I want it to look like it's stucco with raw wood beams in it...kind of tudorlike I think. Any hints on what works best or how to apply? Caulk? Putty? Tissue paper?

Thanks!

~Jenny

Holly uses spackle for her stucco look and Tracy uses Paperclay.

Teresa is using paperclay and a stiff paint bruch for a stucco look on her bash.

I have used the tissue paper/mod-podge method with likeable results(Haunted house)

and I also have used small grain sand in white paint for the stucco look.(glencroft)

I imagine the spackle and paperclay methods are more expensive. and as I have never used these methods I can give no tips or hints

but as for the other....when applying try to avoid getting any where the window trims go....easier to put them in their place. I applied my trim to the Glencroft over the textured paint but I had to be very generous with the glue due to the texture...but I LOVE the way that house turned out.

as for the tisue effect....I like this also. and its quick and easy to do.

so there ya go....

I hope it was helpful in some small way!

nutti :blink:

Regardless of which method you use I would recommend that you tape (mask) off those things you don't want to get the stuff on (just like when you paint a regular house). It will help make the clean up and finishing much easier.

the spackle and paperclay methods are more expensive

Not spackle, I used a tub of premixed that covered the Glencroft, inside & out, sor about US$5. I'm on a fixed income, y'all (and if our governor doesn't quit "fixing" it there'll be none at all :blink: ), so anything I use has to be CHEAP!!! I posted the gritty details in the Glencroft blog.