Veni, vidi, va-BOOM

Deb

Deb WOW what a great job.  I love all the changes you've made to the Lily, it looks marvelous.  Maybe I should have waited to do the Lily till I had more experience LOL. 

I'm so glad you did not have much trouble with the mansard roof, it drove me nuts, and still took a lot of wood putty to fill gaps.  (There is still places that don't quite meet the supports, but I had got to the point that I was afraid the wood would rot from being wet so much)Please post pixs of yours, I would love to see one that went on smoothly. 

I hope your friend appreciates all the work you've done on this house.  Your swift progress is amazing me too. 

Peggi

Thanks Peggi! I think I like your Lily better because of the style you used and the woodwork. If I were building it for me, it would have looked a whole lot more like yours than the way it does.

You filled in the gaps????? I looked at them and thought, "Close enough". :o Since they're inside the attic and those supports give it an airy look, I didn't worry about the curve fitting precisely and if I'd bent the roof any more, it wouldn't have been flush at the top and bottom of the exterior. I think that the cut of the supports is just a wee bit deeper than the curve of the roof is intended to be. There's a close up pic of the supports below. (after the windows are in, I'll touch up the paint where the glue is showing)

My friend is thrilled with the house and has been getting pictures of it's progress almost every day. She's happily buying furnishings for it and can't wait to get it home. She's coming to pick it up in May and is going to bring all the furnishings with her so we can "play" with it together before she takes it home to Kansas.

Deb

post-329-1140688763_thumb.jpg

My friend is thrilled with the house and has been getting pictures of it's progress almost every day. She's happily buying furnishings for it and can't wait to get it home. She's coming to pick it up in May and is going to bring all the furnishings with her so we can "play" with it together before she takes it home to Kansas.

Oh what fun!! She's gonna love it even more when she sees it in person Deb! It's looking amazing! :o

Deb, that floor, is it naturally like that or do you stain it to get that rich colour

Glen

I stained the floors (minwax golden oak in this house) and then did the varnish/sand/varnish/sand/varnish/sand/varnish over the stain. I have a real fetish for rich glossy floors. :blink:

Deb