Hey guys

deathanee

Sure, you can use regular ol' primer that you might have used for your real house. I like water-based paints, both for the primer and finish coats -- and generally I use whatever we have in our basement (unfortunately -- or maybe fortunately! for me, my husband seems to "collect" paints in various colors in large quantities, so I rarely have to shop for any!)

Just be sure not to prime any surface that you may want to varnish later, like the floors, or trim, or something. You can't varnish over primer or paint!

If you are ready to paint, then you should have more pictures for us to check out!!?? How is the progress??

I agree with Ann. I used what ever I had, or mixed combo's to get what I needed. Plus at craft stores they have little acrylic bottles around a dollar in numerous shades.

If you don't happen to have gallons and gallons of paint like me! :crazyeyes:... you can also find small jars of paint in stores like Lowes, Menards, -- all those "home improvement" stores, in the paint department. They're samples of paints in 1 oz and sometimes slightly larger amounts, just enough to give the insides of a dollhouse a couple of coats of paint, if that's your inclination. And they're under $3.00 a bottle. I've bought them anywhere from $1 to $2.95, depending on the brand, color, "newness" (they'll sometimes have close-outs of "last year's colors") and so on.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks guys for the help ill post pictures once i get my home computer working since i dont have access to my husbands work computer all the time...thats why i takes me a bit long to reply and update the page...please bare with me.

can i use regular house primer for the dh? i dont want to use the spray ones.
Patty, I use flat white interior latex to prime with. I have also been known to use flat white primer in an aerosol can, I spray with it out on the screened back porch. I also use regular semigloss/ satin interior latex housepaint for all the painting I do on my houses. I custom mix colors by adding small amounts of acrylics colors from the tube (the wee bottles of craft paints add up and I can get a couple of years' worth of colors from the tubes; plus I use them to paint everything, not just the houses).