Andrew has started the Garfield!

ilovecats

Boy doogster you are seroius about this building stuff.  I thought my foundation looked ok but it will probably look awful compared to your smooooth foundation!!!!  :o We didn't do that much prep work.  Looking foward to some pictures.

SuzyQ

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, even after a couple of hours fitting things, there's still going to be a LOT of cleanup. Lots of filling. Hoping to find some acrylic drywall compound, Wally World here don't have it, that's where I got it in Canada. I'm prolly going overboard on the foundation, really the final finish is in the details.

Boy Jaimie you are really coming along on your Grafield.  It is looking really good.

I am still painting trim.  I am a slow poke.

SuzyQ

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't do anything last night except workout and clean up the area I am working in. My tool were all over the place! I needed to step back and re-organize. Plus I took more pics!!! Come take a look (see signature below for links). The tape wire is done and a coat of sealant paint overtop. See some rough pics of the house with lights!

Also put a link to the pics of all my furniture that I have. Just have to decide how to match the rooms the furniture .... but that's a ways away. Gotta finish the 1st coat of paint first , at least!!

JaimieMarvon Posted Today, 02:28 PM

Its a beautiful house. I'm very excited about it. I've gotten way ahead of myself with furniture already, when my house isn't even painted a complete base coat yet!

Wow you already have your furniture? All we have is a rug :) > We don't even have any wiring bought yet.

Can you tell we are a bit overwhelmed? :o

SuzyQ

The foam sands down pretty easily.

Aha! Thanks, Andrew, I wondered about that. As for the foundation prep, God is in the details, and I also prep like crazy before actual assembly. I think it helps the finished apearance.

Check the paint section at Wally World, they may call it something else, but that's where I found my spackle/ polyfilla on the road last summer when I had a partial tub suddenly go wonky on me.

I don't know about the Uni-Mat. I use a full-sized wood lathe when I need to turn, or the Dremel for really tiddly little bits (like thread spools for my sewing table), and I really enjoy how versatile my scrollsaw is. I have a drillpress mount for my Dremel, as well as the router attachment & table, and I can use the router table to do rabets or mortise & tenon cuts. I even have a tablesaw for my Dremel I haven't used yet.