Dura-craft Heritage

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me! I have an incomplete kit, and need to make the missing bits. Unfortunately the bits missing are the main structure components - I assume the previous owner started construction and then gave up. If possible, I'd like paper-tracings of the parts. I am willing to pay for postage costs to send the diagrams. I need traced copies of the following sheets: HR2, HR3, HR4, HR7 and the Base Floor Supports on sheet HR1. I already have the instructions with schematics.

I would like traced copies because then I can just lay the copies onto wood sheets and cut out.

Thanks heaps, much appreciated.

PLEASE? I am desperate. I realised I have NO pieces to make the house itself, only the roof and trim. Please all you people with a Heritage, help me out. I will pay you to do this, as well as postage.

• 1 month later...

I have figured out a heap of the kit, including the size of the wall pieces I will need. I Just can't figure out the thickness of siding (such as the Northeastern milled siding) as it isn't written anywhere. I intend on backing the siding with basswood to make it the necessary thickness to fit into the grooved edge strips. Then I just need to figure out the dimensions of the floor pieces. That will be the hard part, and may need to be done once I start construction. I am getting there slowly though. Think I may be able to help you out a little Michelle.

The all-wood kits (the ones I've built) had milled siding that was approximately 3/8" thick, I think; the interior divider walls, floors, etc, were plywood sheets similar to the GL & CC kits, because I used HOuseworks interior doors and had to use shims to make them fit. Even with unwarped strips of routed/ grooved corner pieces it was a real trick getting everything plumb, and keeping it that way was next to impossible for me. Trims and baseboards and wallpaper and spackle cover a multitude of "Oh s**ts"

I went through my kit, and I have 6 of the 2" pieces, and 2 15" ones.All the rest are missing, as well as all the brackets and numerous trim pieces. I decided to just wait and see if I can buy another kit cheap,or find the siding. They are the tongue and groove kind, so it may be hard to find them. They are thinner than the other Duracrat kits. I will measure them.

I think the trim is common, and I can buy better brackets.

There is an Ebay seller that sells Dura-craft compatible parts.

Good luck, hope you find your more complete kit! I considered using the bits I had and making a slightly different, French style cottage, but I think I will figure it all out eventually!