It has arrived!!!

miss_maya

So, last week, my house finally arrived. There has been some issue with shipping and confusion, but all is well now that it is here. PLUS, now with my first shipment of furniture, I'm getting pretty pumped and excited to start builing. I went away for a week right after getting it too, so all I have done so far now is sand it all down. I completely understand all the comments about slivers now! lol

So, I'm pretty excited still. I think I'll building this one, and then decorate it to start with. It's small, but the rooms are very open so I don't think it should be too much trouble to deocrate the interior with it all built. I'm dreading sanding all the prch componenets, so i'm leaving that till later, lol.

Yay! Just wanted to share all the excitement.

:)

I know, it was just my luck!

I've finished priming most of the pieces, and am all ready planning to leave out the wall and stairs to have more space for everything else. I'm kinda nervous to start building and glueing, cause I just know I'll mess up or something, lol. BUT, I guess you need to make some mistakes in order to learn anything, so I'm not worried.

I wish all the folks who want their first effort to be so perfect would read that last sentence! You will do fine. and you may discover that your little house may want her wall, etc, before you're done.

Excellent attitude! You'll do just fine.

(I just spend a bit of time yesterday de-constructing two walls on my Brookwood...had them glued in place and then realized that with them all nicely glued, there would be no way I'd be able to get the floors put in place!! oops!!)

Yeah, I think I need to stay pretty laid back in order to enjoy this whole thing. getting all worked up in a tizzy is never usually a good thing.

I am planning on leaving out the walls because the house is actually very small, and with the walls in...well the space is almost TOO miniature. I'm making it into a shop of sorts, too, so there wont be any living space for furniture, etc., so no need for an upsatirs wall to have a bathroom or anything, lol. PLUS, it's a lot less work with open floor space and such.