My Brookwood Chimney, Staircase and first floor

uppitycats

...are done. I put pictures in my gallery. For some reason, I can't post them here? I've done nothing different than I did in the past..but they are apparently too large? Anyway..they're in the gallery. Brick chimney, "pine" flooring visible, staircase all around. I really love Greenleaf staircases! :p

I spent the day sanding the walls and getting them ready to prime and paint. Then I cut and sorted out the next sheets I'll need. While doing that I looked around my work space and realized what a mess it was!, so spent a couple of hours cleaning and sorting and organizing. Everything is so neat and tidy now, and I "discovered" some things I thought I'd lost. :giggle:

Anyway...I really like working with the birch wood. It has a lovely smell, on top of being so smooth it barely requires sanding, and doesn't seem to splinter. It was worth it to buy the "deluxe" version (or whatever they called it! :huh: )

hahaha!! Well, those ARE "real bricks"...the Houseworks "real bricks". Really made out of...well, whatever "real bricks" are made out of. Clay? I had to "steal" my husband's end nipper to cut them to get around the corners, and then used "lightweight spackle" -- feels like whipped cream -- for the grout. Anyway, thanks. You're too kind to me...both of you SO much more skilled...but I'm having a grand time with this house anyway.

Got all the floors and ceilings done, and "mounted" the house on a piece of heavy-weight styrofoam so that I could keep the chimney upright (those bricks are HEAVY!) I think I'm just going to cut away the styrofoam around the base and keep it there through the rest of the construction, letting it be the "foundation" for the house. And have all sorts of ideas in the works for the inside.

It's gonna be the Brookwood Meeting House, center of community life for Catterville. Maggie Goodkat, Purrsylla and Mss Daisy are already planning an open house and celebration when the building is done, and have been baking and cooking up a storm. Brimble, Graham and Ric are eyeing the plates of food, and there is a rumor in town that someone new is coming soon, to manage the Meeting House schedule. A she? a he? a Cat? a Human? Or????

Ohhhh Ann, the staircase is looking perfect and I can't wait to see the rest come together as I am sure that the Katz grand opening will be spectacular. And a newcomer you say :giggle: this we look forward to as well :unsure:

Hugs and thanks for sharing!