Just got the bus

Just looked over all the pieces and it will be a fairly easy build. I'm making mine into a mobile home so will not punch out most of the side windows. There are only two roof supports so I'm going to cut at least four more from the scrap pieces. I want the top more closed anyway. It comes with two pieces of veneer for the roof. I'll add to that also. I'll also use a long piece of scrap wood to reinforce the open side along the top. Because of the length I'll probably reinforce a lot of it and I'll also be putting in two dividers to make the rooms. The wheels are 20 circles that glue together for thickness, rim pieces, and two dowels so the wheels will turn. I think a regular interior door will fit the opening for the bus-type door. There are lots of different styles this can be made into so it will be fun to see what others do with it. :p

Pat, one of the campers parked at the campground we stayed in for the GA Tandem Rally this past weekend was an old schoolbus that had been painted mostly blue, and the windows had mostly been painted over, too. The bus door had been left on and the owner hung one of the NASCAR flags over it to cover those windows.

Pat, one of the campers parked at the campground we stayed in for the GA Tandem Rally this past weekend was an old schoolbus that had been painted mostly blue, and the windows had mostly been painted over, too. The bus door had been left on and the owner hung one of the NASCAR flags over it to cover those windows.

That sounds like a good idea too. The bus only comes with acrylic for the front window but it would be easy enough to put some in on the sides and frame the openings. The bus is just a basic shell so I'll have to add lots of little things. I wonder if this will be next years Creating contest at HBS?