What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Goodness, what a rollercoaster I've missed here! My condolences to CJ about the diagnosis, congratulations to Holly for the eye difference (color troubles notwithstanding!) and my support to Kelly between the dollhouse dilemmas and the buck! I haven't done too much on anything hobby wise lately, I'm helping homeschool my two youngest siblings (5th and 8th grade) twice a week. It's very minor, but between that and youth group, I feel like I have no time to get in a hobby zone. I really need to make time for it...we'll get there eventually. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2024 at 10:14 AM, CheckMouse said:

Well, we just got back from a neurologist appointment for my husband. It is confirmed that he has advanced Parkinson's Disease, and is at stage four and a half -- not quite stage 5. With dementia. We've suspected it, but now it's official.

I'm so sorry. That's got to be hard for you.

• Like 1

OK. Completely ignore the post I made on the Simplicity. The house is going up as it stands with very few changes. A center Colonial with two additions.

The house isn't wide enough to have a center hall and two rooms on either side, so the center hall and front door will be moved over to one end. The living room will be on one side of the entry hall in one addition and the dining room will be on the other side of the entry hall in the main house. The kitchen will be in the other addition next to the dining room.

Upstairs, there will be a cozy little library under the roof over the living room and the bedroom will be over the dining room. The bathroom will be over the kitchen under the roof of the addition on that side.

The whole third floor under the roof is an attic.

Laundry room. The entryway now has the luxury of being maybe 10 inches wide. That makes the second floor hall above it large as well. Since there isn't going to be a second story staircase, I may carve a small laundry room and closet out of the second story hall. Or I may combine the laundry room with the bathroom. Depends on how much room presents itself in either of those two cases. Or I just may add the laundry room to the kitchen.

So. I was also thinking of making one wall of the living room a conservatory wall to get at least a part of a sunroom. It may take a couple more weeks, but now that I know what I'm going to do, I'll start by cleaning my little living room, bringing in the large table, and setting up the Simplicity and both additions.

It'll be good to work on a house again. It's only been about five years.

Edited by rodentraiser
complete change of plans
  • Like 2

On 9/20/2024 at 1:46 AM, rodentraiser said:

So. I was also thinking of making one wall of the living room a conservatory wall to get at least a part of a sunroom. It may take a couple more weeks, but now that I know what I'm going to do, I'll start by cleaning my little living room, bringing in the large table, and setting up the Simplicity and both additions.

It'll be good to work on a house again. It's only been about five years.

DOOOO IT! DOOO IT!