Nutti's Marquam Hill Mansion

nuttiwebgal

here after known as nutti's monster!

I am now taking suggestions on outside colors. she is not sure and I would like to have suggestions when we sit down for our first decorating consult. Im thinking a light grey with burgandy's and pinks.....a painted Lady effect.

nutti :lol:

here after known as nutti's monster!

I am now taking suggestions on outside colors. she is not sure and I would like to have suggestions when we sit down for our first decorating consult. Im thinking a light grey with burgandy's and pinks.....a painted Lady effect.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm really rather fond of pink and burgundy colours. In fact, they're my favourites. Depending on how you do the colours, I belive that they can also look very sophisticated and not trashy at all.

Dying to see the outside when you've completed the painting.

Susanne

Marcia where did you get the wood you used in your kitchen expansion.

we are currently looking in DH many saved peices of plywood.

and will plywood mesh well with MDF?

some color went up on the outside today. it is dolphin grey.

she was happy and I was happy and it dont look to bad.

she wants to use Wild Iris for the trim...I wanted her to pick at least 4 colors and she only picked 2.....uuuggggg

it has to have more color than that doesnt it?

now waiting for DH to cut all the trim peices needed for the next step...he has to do it because I cannot read a tape measure past the 4ths so Im useless for this kind of a kit. she is off school on Monday so we will have a full day on it. we are also wiring this house so that will take some time.

our hopes is to have it ready for her Birthday in Sept.

I think we can do it.

post-9-1137219405_thumb.jpgsome of the gray paint

post-9-1137219418_thumb.jpga closeup of the 2 colors chosen so far....now Ive got to find that iris color somewhere. now what color do you think would go with these.

I think it is a matter of personal taste, although the darker colors will draw more attention than a paler color, and a warm color (like the Iris) will look stronger than a cool color (like Blue or grey). If it looks good to you, then it will probably look good to others.

I have no art anything to draw from all I can do is look ay it and keep trying colors till Im happy. sometimes I wish for an art class or something.

learning painting tecniques and how colors go together.

do they teach stuff like that?

roflmbo!!!

I can't help with the color thing but is the kitchen extension going to look like that? It looks kinda stuck on there. Like it does not match the house. Maybe a bay window or some trim? Sorry just my ho.

post-9-1137251137_thumb.jpg

if you are talking about the thing sticking out front...that is the porch.

actually the kitchen is on the side where you see a part of the foundation sticking out. behind the glue. we havent started messing with it yet as we are still hunting down the appropriate wood. he knows he has some some where.....sounds like every miniaturist I know.

so dont panic for us just yet...the tower rooms go above the porch.

Im working on the paint colors as I am doing the first bay window and descions need to be made.