pierce stairs

captain tiny

I have decided that I really dont like the stairs in the pierce kit, or where they are in the house. I am thinking of attemping to build a spiral staircase to fit flush with the inside of the tower. Has anyone done this before? Or moved the stairs at all. If so any tips would be appreciated. And how do I fill in the hole in the second floor where the steps are supposed to go?

• 2 weeks later...

I just joined and my Pierce is still in the box :D , but I've been looking around here before I start. I too have wondered about the placement of the stairs. Another member is renovating a pierce and has moved the stairs and some other interesting things, see if this link works

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...si&img=7668

Yes! Anyway, will be interested to hear/see more about yours :wave:

Deb relaced the kit stairs with a graceful curving stairway from HBS. Here is a link to a photo of the house with no furniture, so you can see the lines of the stairway. Deb's Pierce

As for filling in the hole, just cut a scrap of wood to fit the hole and glue it in place. Sometimes if the edges don't quite meet, I'll paste a piece of paper (regular printer paper) over the seams to make a flat surface, especially on the underside if the ceiling is to be painted, not papered or textured.

• 4 weeks later...

I struggled to learn to like the Pierce stairs. I finally decided to really put my mind to improving the stock stairs and I think that I came up with something that will look pretty decent. I sanded all of the little fake balusters to make them more rounded, I replaced the stock flat railing pieces with handrail and added newel posts at the bottom, then I painted the sides and risers, but used a rich stain and gloss poly on the treads. I'm working on the last thing, which is added raised wood work on the larger panels. They look a lot different than the stock stairs and feel more Victorian. Not quite done yet, so no pictures, but you get the idea. :)