Valentines Day

corispice

So, perhaps I'm corny (well, I know that I am) but I love Valentines day. This year, though, I work both Thurs and Friday night, so for the weekend my boyfriend and I are going to take a mini road trip, hoepfully stay in a hotel with an indoor pool, and go out to a nice dinner and maybe check out a museum.

Last year we didn't have reservations anywhere, went to a place we usually really like but they had this limited, expensive menu full of food too fancy for our taste (I just can't get used to duck, it's slimy!) and ended up going out for burgers and drinks somewhere else and picking up dessert at a coffee shop.

So does anyone here have any fabulous plans?

My three Greyhounds and I are going to a Greyhound party at the place where I board them which is on 12 acres. There will be alot of Greys running and swimming in the two ponds. The moms and dads of the Greys will eat a picnic and watch the babes. I think I will bring chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting!!! I never celebrate Valentines Day and have no romantic associations with it, but as for my hounds, they are my three Valentines!!! What more could one ask for in a Valentine?

:):banana::banana:

my plans aren't that fabulous.....I will be in the hospital......

Oh Peachie..Is everything okay?

I WAS going to go out with Fred for a nice Thai dinner but those plans have been scratched (maybe). We will have to see how he feels after his endoscopy.

He will have four days off so we can always do something after V-day.

Peachie! You OK?! Why will you be in the hospital?! That's awful!

We may go out to the lodge for dinner on V day, but more than likely we will have lunch at the Chicken Coop here in town!

Hugs,

Gina

Heidi, Unless something unexpected happens, Fred should feel just fine afterwards. Over the years I have had several and recovery was a snap. My DH has to have one done every year due to some suspicious polops they found a couple of years ago and it has become routine. The prep is more aggravating then the process itself.

Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate :(

Amen My Brother! LOL

I have to go out tomorrow (hope it doesnt snow too much in the morning) and purchase the BIG box of chocolate. We all four share it.

Heidi, Unless something unexpected happens, Fred should feel just fine afterwards. Over the years I have had several and recovery was a snap. My DH has to have one done every year due to some suspicious polops they found a couple of years ago and it has become routine. The prep is more aggravating then the process itself.

Thank you for the input Starfire.

He has to be at the hospital at....drum roll please...6:30am! ROFL! I have been teasing him all day today. He has to work the night before. I said He probably wont need to be knocked out..he will pass out from exhaustion.

I will let him know what you said. He should be up and at-um for dinner later in the day.

I will be home with Becca (cat) because DH is on his way driving to Florida for vacation. I dont have the patience to drive and wander all over - I leave a week after he does the fast way (airplane) and stay 10 days and fly home while he wends his way home for another 10 or so days. This happends almost every year. But he's a dear and always has candy and flowers for me when I arrive!

Fred is sooo nice. The UPS man just came with a package. It had a heart shaped velvet box with diabetic chocolates from Hauser Chocolatier.

And here I thought he forgot. (i know V-day is tomorrow but he is going to be kind of busy)

Do Not Forget To Give Your Honey A Big Hug And Kiss Tomorrow!! (I am keeping it clean..LOL)

well...since the job I am working is from 7-3:30 and DH works from 3-11

we dont see each other....so tomorrow he is going to come have lunch with me and than tomorrow night I am taking him supper. the kid works on Friday night till 1am so he and I will get our alone time then. :flowers:

yanno it kinda sucks working 2 dif shifts. but we have done it before and survived I bet we can this time also...he is hoping maybe in Aug he can go to days. and than things will be almost perfect!

I do hope each of you takes the time to remember your special loved ones....human or furry/feathery in a special way!

Peachie!!!

GET WELL QUICK! and post more often!

HHHUUUGGGGEEERRRRZZZZ!!! :hug:

Bruce had to work today and he doesn't get home till around 10:30, but when he came thru the door, he had a dozen roses in one hand and the cutest stuffed monkey-bee in the other. He always finds the cutest, whimsical gifts for me for valentine's day (my avatar is one of them.........the mouse sings "Are you Lonesome Tonight) It's hard to describe the monkey-bee, but he's black and red and pink and looks like a monkey with heart shaped wings and pink antennas. It's just as cute as it can be and it made me laugh. That's the greatest part of our marriage. He can still make me laugh.

Deb

That's the greatest part of our marriage. He can still make me laugh.

Deb

after 25 yrs together my guy still cracks me up with some of his goofy ways.

he is sick with the crud that I had a few weeks ago and I am making my 2nd round of it. but even so we did manage a sweetheart day....

the kid on the other hand had a great day with her new boyfriend....he put together a scavenger hunt for her to find her presents. they ended the evening with McDonalds

shake and fries....she told me she really enjoyed a boyfriend who brought no trauma/drama into her life! I told her thats as it should be when you are a teenager.

thinking of each of you!

nutti :blink: