Shopping for supplies

Lindy-Lou

Well, DH and I did a sort of dry fit with masking tape. I say sort of, because it appears we have some warped pieces of wood---the third floor. I suppose it will work out when we glue? Anyway, we need to take it all apart and paint, stain, or wallpaper, yes? By the way, I'm thinking of banishing DH from the work room. He gets so angry and frustrated---no patience at all!

Linda

Use the "Search" feature to read up on suggestions for dealing with warp, and YES, by all means banish the ol' grump before he ruins all your hard work!
Because this is my first house, I think I should keep it simple. Stain the floors, wallpaper the walls. Maybe just paint the outside and have it be a plain salt box colonial.
Don't let that stop you from trying, Linda. If you want hardwood floors and wainscots and special paint effects, or tile, make paper patterns of your floors/ walls/ whatever you want to play with and use them either as is or to make cardstock templates and try out techniques. Go play with the "search" feature in the Gallery & the Blogs, too. The pictures there show the experiments we tried that succeeded; I guarantee you'll never see or read about any of mine that didn't... :bounce8:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Linda, My Willow has been an ongoing project for 3 years now. But now I have the house I always wanted the Beacon Hill, so the Willow will get done eventually..:yes:

It is quite easy to put together and the rooms are nice and large for decoration. You have been given some great advice.. Look in my gallery to see what I have done with my Willow so far.

I think I will either brick or stucco the outside walls. I am thinking stone bricks like the old colonial days of early Australia, it lends itself to this era.

But what they say about the house talking to you is so right lol. Just listen to what it tells you and you cant go wrong.

Remember to have fun with it and walk away if you get frustrated with anything.

Please hurry and put pics up for us to look at we all love eye candy lol...:banana:

Cheers Deb.