Willow pictures uploaded

Stenty

I've uploaded pictures of my first dollhouse, the Willow, to my gallery. :photo: It's a work in progress. This will be the home of an American Patriot family in 1776. Let me know if you have any tips.

Lindy-Lou Linda, do NOT be afraid to open the box, that kit is just a pile of flat plywood sheets patiently waiting to make your acquaintance and help you to turn it into a lovely mini home. When you open the box, take time to sniff the qretty new-wood smell and pet it (with the piece of sandpaper that may be included in the kit' if there isn't one, get one; that way the kit knows you're friendly) and read the instructions a few times and use the schematics sheet to make sure it's all there and just generally get used to the idea that you CAN do this (each & every one of us on this board who has ever built a kit went through the first-timer's terrors, too; I still get the nervous willies every time I open a kit box).

Stenty Linda, that is an awesome parlor floor, I gather this is a Virgnia House of Burgesses Patriot family whose menfolk will head up the local militia, who in peacetime would be gentlemen farmers. Shenandoah made settle kits that make up into nice inglenook seats.

Havanaholly,

Your posts are so encouraging---I always enjoy reading what you have to say. Your advice always makes sense, and you have such a way with words! Forgive me for being such a wimp. Tomorrow, my DH and I will open the box and make friends with the house!

Thanks,

Linda

Just tellin' it like it is!lol We put so much of ourselves into building these kits, they really do talk to us. There are all sorts of lists of things to do to calm yourself down on the forum. It works for me to close the box and walk away when I begin to feel intimidated; a lovely shot of 18 year-old single barrel or a piece of dark chocolate and a few chapters of a trashy novel or equivalent and I'm good to go some more. Or come here & vent a little bit.

Lindy-Lou (my dad used to call me that),

The first thing I did was to use a pencil to write the sheet number on every piece. That way I could identify parts if they were no longer attached to the sheet. Good luck and have fun!

Havanaholly,

That is exactly who will live there. :photo: Thanks for the tip.

Holly and Linda,

You guys are the best!

Here's my first question of the day---can you recommend a simple, easy-to-use digital camera? I'm afraid I'm still in the old-fashioned camera mode.

Thanks!

You're so not asking MOI about digital cameras!!!rofl I am so technologically challenged! Other people get their digital cameras all set so all I have to do is push a button to take their picture and as soon as my hand touches the camera body it turns itself off! Either that or my body gives off some sort of electromagnetic field that blocks the camera's systems.

I take all my pictures with a disposable Fuji (and nag DH to PLEASE take my Minolta SLR to the camera shop for thorough cleaning & new batteries & a decent macro-lens) and get the one-hour processing that includes a photo CD I can then load into "My Pictures" and resize to post here.

Try the "Search" button to find prior posts about digital cameras, as I seem to remember this subject being discussed before.

I've uploaded pictures of my first dollhouse, the Willow, to my gallery. :( It's a work in progress. This will be the home of an American Patriot family in 1776. Let me know if you have any tips.

I love your house. It is truly beautiful. I think I will buy a Willow soon. I have been looking at it for a while now and after seeing your progress it just looks like a fun house to build.

You're doing a great job!