modge podge for wallpaper

brenda73147

Hi Brenda! I remember talking about wallpaper in the section "making templates for wallpaper" but can't find any mention of Mod Podge there. Must have been somewhere else. :lol:

I always use Mod Podge for all my wallpapering (this after a bad experience with wallpaper mucilage recommended for dollhouse wallpaper . . . HA! is all I have to say about that!! :D )

I just happened to be using it today as a matter of fact! I used plain paper for my template as well as for backing on the wallpaper (I snarfed some wallpaper samples from my local home improvement store . . . hey, I only needed a few and wasn't going to spend $20 bucks for a whole roll!) Then I used the Mod Podge to adhere the wallpaper to the backing and then 'podged the backing and put it up on the wall. Works like a dream!!

Good luck!

I always use modpodge for wallpapering no matter if its scrapbooking or regular walpaper I paint the wall surfaces with it and the back of the paper. this allows some movement while getting it in perfect place....ok well in as perfect as Im gonna get it.

I dunno why I started using it... perhaps I read about it being used someplace

but that is what I have been using. works for me.

now I have never used it to adhere to posterboard first but I do have plans to use it to apply wrapping paper to cardstock for wallpaper. I hope it works.

nutti :lol:

Man, I wish I could be in the room with you guys that have success with Modgpodging. I'm having a terrible time with bubbles. I've gotten to where it's "good enough for this house", but it's not a method I'm happy with.

I'm thinking the problem MIGHT be the humidity level right now -- we had a terribly dry summer, but it's been raining and damp for the past couple of weeks and you can just feel the water in the air (yes, even inside).

Do you guys think humidity could be contributing to my problems?

The humidity might be affecting it Microjivvy, but I've been using it and it works just fine, even with high humidity.

Perhaps you're not putting enough on and it's drying too fast before you can get it on the wall. Try putting on a thicker, even layer of Mod Podge and see if that works.

Perhaps you're not putting enough on and it's drying too fast before you can get it on the wall. Try putting on a thicker, even layer of Mod Podge and see if that works.
That may be the problem today... as I may have over compensated for yesterday when I spilled a quarter of the bottle of modgepodge on my to be papered floor and made a real mess of it ("those aren't bubbles, they're BIG GLOBS OF DRIED GLUE"). :lol:

this is when my old debit card comes in handy

ah-ha! Finally a use for all those credit cards that come in the mail!

although you want your flowershop to be perfection...it it your first venture and there is that deadline...I give you permission to accept good enough.

Oh THANK YOU... lol, I feel badly about it, but I can't really move forward until this floor is done and I've about run out of little tasks to do while I'm waiting for it.

I've about run out of little tasks to do while I'm waiting for it.

I hate that when it happens!

I am to the all the trim...today I must punch it all out sand and prime and stain

I also am trying the frosted window effects from this months American Miniaturist

Mag.

so far my results have been less than pleasing but Im not finished working on it yet.

I will bend the windows to my way of thinking!!

nutti :lol: