going out of business

Shaci

There definitely wasn't a Dollhouse Depot or Depot Dollhouse on any part of Route 9 that I lived near. I use to live in Ashland (just west of Framingham) until I was married and moved to Saugus. The only store near Ashland was Flights of Fancy until it closed.

There also use to be a couple of stores on the Cape, but they both closed in the past 10 years. I believe both owners retired.

It is sad to see so many stores closing.

They advertised at the Braintree Show this past March, so I think they are still there as well. I haven't been, but I know someone mentioned going there to me before. She said the people were very helpful, but it was small and very crowded.

I wonder if that one is open still..hmmm..

Well, on the 22nd, I"m going off to shop and visit some family in Rochester, which is close to you Gail. The next town over maybe? I don't know if my kids will be up to dollhouse shopping, so I may have to wait until I can go alone another time, grrrr..

I'm also headed over to the cape this Thurs. Bringinig my mom to her monthly visit to the Kidney center. I will usually have an hour to go off and shop while she's there. Then on the 8th, I'll bring my Aunt off to the cape Christmas shopping. I have so many places I want to go. I'm really gonna have to take a day and go by myself. I want to go to that Earth+Tree place up in NH. Ever been there??

A Michaels just opened up on Rt. 28 in Wareham. I went there a couple weeks ago, but no dh stuff. grrrr.. I wonder if we can request that they start carrying some?

I'm waiting for some goodies from Manorhouse minis. Then I gotta wait til all my Christmas shopping is complete before I start buying dh stuff again.

Will give me time to get working on the dh, I've been lolly gaggin. I've got wallpapering, trim and moulding, etc..

Still keeping my eyes open for Ernie's 50% off sale.

Ok,, I googled Dollhouse Treasures... they have a website at:

Dollhousetreasures.net. click on OUR Store.. shows the stock that they carry.. looks like they've got plenty of goodies!! I think it would be worth the trip.

They say to call, to make sure that they are open. Also gives directions to get there.

I feel a road trip coming soon!!!

Michelle, if I remember correctly there is an AC Moore in Hyannis. I'm pretty sure I stopped there one of the times I visited my mother in the hospital a year ago. They do have dollhouse stuff. Not sure if any of your wanderings will take you to Hyannis or not, but thought I would mention it.

Michelle, Rochester runs along the northwest border of Marion. I love Rochester - it's so rural! I'm house hunting (life-size house, that is!) and Rochester is the top town on my list. Where abouts do your kids live? Have they heard anything about the commuter rail being extended through Rochester?! I hope not!

I haven't been to the new Michael's yet (although I have been to that mall - it's quite close to us). I should take my niece over there so we can start on Christmas crafts. If I think of it, I'll ask the manager what's up with the lack of dh stuff!

Oh Carrie, ty, good to know the Hyannis ACMoore has mini stuff. Awesome!!! As I am going over to Hyannis tomorrow, and will have just one hour to shop.. panic.. got a couple stores on my list. Christmas Tree shop,, Trader Joes.

I'm not sure about the Rochester area. It's my Ex's + new girlfriends (wife?) House. He said it's very country like and they have horses on the property. (by the way.. I have two ex's... But we weren't officially married.) He has his kids that I"m going to visit too. TMI ??

Ok,, I'm going online to see what's on sale at Michaels and ACmoore. Michaels did have some wood working supplies, and lots of scrapbook paper,, beautiful stuff, on sale for 4 @ $1. Also stick on felt that makes awesome wall to wall carpet.

I didn't even look at half the store so there might be more stuff. Will check next time i go. There's lots of stuff that's not advertised in flyers or online.

No, Michelle, not TMI. My brother is in a somewhat similar situation. Except it sounds like there is still some pleasantness among you all?

Rochester is 90% countryish and lots of people have horses. So if you like country and horses, you'll enjoy Rochester! Here's their website:

http://townofrochestermass.com/ :p

• 2 weeks later...

Ron's is still very much in evidence on West Colonial Drive in Orlando (SR 50) and Nancy's new location in Naples takes a bit to get to but was packed out with people when we were there.

Miniaures in the Attic in Falls Church, VA, closed while we were in VA last year, but I missed their sale because we were in another part of the state.