what is your house's story

dollshousegirl

Cobweb Cottage, is the residence of a trendy grandma, although she is trendy, she takes pride in old fashioned values, she bakes, knits, sews, encourages nature in the garden. Her grandaughter visits regulaly either on the pony or just walking down the lane and is showing a talent for sewing

The cottage is set in todays time period, so nothning will look out of place :o

wow !!! brill thats so cool, waaaayyy better than mine !!!

i love these stories they make you really root for the inhabitants, i really hope your 25 year old guy will find a way to break the curse

here is my friends story of the ghosts that live in her attic, she is now in print as i made a book for her and that now sits on the four post bed in Chantilly house.........

this one is also better than mine !!

Many years ago in the very spot that Chantilly House now stands, there was a Tudor mansion where there lived a Lord called Victor, he was a cruel vindictive man who liked nothing better than causing mischief and mayhem amongst his subjects. He was widely despised but no one would voice their hatred of him, through fear of reprisals

Like poor Adrian who got very drunk in the local tavern one night and when Victor came in demanding his seat, Adrian refused and was taken away dragged along the floor behind Victors horse,his body being thrown around like a ragdoll, poor Adrian died 3 days later. Victors wife Mary a timid, kind natured creature who was treated no better than Victors dog, was much distressed by her cruel husbands part in Adrian’s death

She went to the village as she often did to comfort and give food to the poor, to visit Adrian’s father’s house where she met Francis, Adrian’s dad he was beside himself with grief and anger for what had happened to his beloved son. Mary tried to comfort Francis, but what words could she use?

So she put her arms around Francis to comfort him but he pushed her away angrily, she fell to the floor and he immediately realised that it wasn’t Mary he should be taking his anger out on and as he put out a hand to help her up he saw her wince asked her if she had hurt herself and if she was alright

He saw the pain in her eyes and she quickly looked to the floor but not before he had noticed the Finger prints on her neck cleverly hidden by the silk scarf, hidden at least till she fell to the floor Francis felt the anger welling up not only had Victor killed his son but he was hurting the kind sweet Mary as well, this couldn’t go on he must do something but what? Mary, over the next few months went to visit the villagers many times and always saw Francis.

She had never known such a kind man as Francis, he always seemed glad to see her and she began to open up to him and tell him about her life since her parents gave her to Victor at the age of 13 and how miserable she was. Francis couldn’t believe that such a kind dear creature as Mary could be treated in such a way.

They became very close friends, then one day Mary opened the wooden gate to Francis’ house and she collapsed. Francis came running to the gate and scooped her up into his arms And carried her into the house. He placed her gently onto the bed in the living room of his one roomed cottage, got her a glass of water and loosened her bodice so she could breath easier She came to and looked up into Francis’s kind eyes and quickly looked away as he did too, both of them not wanting to admit how they no longer just wanted to be friends and how their feelings had deepened beyond recognition.

Mary redid her bodice and quickly left. The days ran into weeks before she dared return but being apart from Francis was making Mary ill. She couldn’t eat or sleep and her life felt even more desperate than normal Mary had never felt like this about anyone, least of all Victor who made her feel physically sick at just the thought of him. Francis was also fighting his feelings for Mary but whatever he was doing he could smell her scent and hear her sweet voice, she had bewitched him. Francis became ill and when a servant told Mary about it she rushed to his side and nursed him back to health they no longer could control how they felt about each other The room would light up when they saw each other and nothing else mattered any more. He gently pulled her towards him and they shared a long tender kiss that wiped out all those years of misery. Victor found out about the affair 3 years later and Mary and Francis decided to leave together

but Victor had locked Mary in the attic room and left instructions that she wasn’t to be disturbed while he was away with one of his many mistresses Francis waited until night and climbed the wall up to Mary’s attic room on sheets she had tied together, they were together at last and just as they were planning their escape Victor returned to the house drunk as a lord and spoiling for a fight. He opened the door and seeing Francis and Mary in bed together. he reached for his sword, as did Francis, they fought and because Francis wasn’t as good a swordsman as Victor he took a wound to the arm Mary leaped in front of her love and Victor ran her through mistaking her for Francis.

Stricken with grief Francis caught Mary as she fell to her knees and cradled her in his arms telling her how much he loved her, she kissed him and as she did this Victor sealed Francis and Mary’s fate together forever and ever since that tragic day Francis and Mary have haunted the attic room at Chantilly House where that same double bed is

now then bet that brought a tear to your eye !!!

What wonderful stories! My Cambridge is no longer home to the Petty family, ever since Papa caught Mama on the balcony making out with Shaft he sold the house to the Wee family. More numerous than the Pettys, the Wee grandparents have had to move into The Arthur and the extra daughter is still waiting for another bed.

The Sprig of Holly, on the other hand, is the neighborhood pub that's about to open and the proprietors have not yet arrived.

Inchburg, USA........

Inchberg is a sleepy little town, most of its inhabitants refuse to bow to the inevitable technological age we live in. Many of the towns people have lived here and started businesses, handed down generation after generation. Refusing to adhere to the up and coming computer age, many of its older residents cling to the old fashioned ways, even to their clothing.

The Misses' Bannister's brother is an eccentric old gentleman who loved to travel but never married. The black sheep, he acquired the unusual talent of fixing dolls and toys while studying at the Sorbonne in Paris and Oxford in England. Having to come back to the family home, his older forthright sisters decided he needed an occupation and income, hence Bannister's Doll Emporium and Doll hospital was born........

Miss Stephanie is an elderly spinster, who pining away while a young debutante for Mr. Theodore Bannister, bowed to the wishes of her family and married unhappily a husband of wealth who divorced her( :o scandalous!) and came back home to take care of her wealthy father. Losing money in the stock market, Miss Stephanie converted a family cottage into the Shabby Chic Boutique specifically to be near Mr. Bannister, who she still hopes will lose his attraction for dolls and turn to her......

The diner down the street called Mel's Diner, caters to the up and coming professional community, and the teenagers who walk to school. Featuring donuts, burgers, and shakes, it's a great little place to get the latest gossip and fresh hot coffee too. Mel migrated to Inchberg after losing his wife and being the natural work addict that he is, he started his own business, a diner, which is quite successful........

This is the beginning of my street of shops, and story. I have not yet completed it, but thought the idea of a town to explain the shops would be so cute, and fun too, just for myself.

Wow, what stories! They're actually very riveting and sometimes scary!!

My story isn't all worked out yet, but here is kind of an outline:

There is an elderly spinster by the name of Livia Pennethorne living in the Beacon Hill (yet to be named) with her maid servant and butler in Boston, Massachutsets (that sounds good!! :o ). She has procured the services of a detective to find her only living relative, a niece, who is living somewhere in England. Once found, she will be brought to America where she will become the heir to Miss Pennethorne's estate.

The niece, Miss Helen Rose Pennethorne, being located and told of her Auntie's wishes is due to arrive in the US around Christmas (my first doll!!) to be united with her Auntie. Before she leaves England, her beau requests her hand in marriage with the understanding that he will join her within the year once he has settled his personal and business affairs.

Before her nieces much anticipated arrival, preparations are being made in the form of much needed repairs, renovations and redecorating of the much neglected old house.

To be continued . . .

And that brings us to where I am today with the house!!

the house sits atop a hill

the gaurdian of all it surveys

the Mistress of the forrest along with her many friends and creations

keep watch for those who need her special skills.

for she can read the cards and the tell the future with uncanny ability.

She is always eager to help those who are of an innocent nature

but those who are not never seem to make it to her door.

The graveyard she tends was there before her grandmother came to this place

and no one is allowed to drink from the spring

Im sure there is more

but that is all I can reveal.

nutti :o

I love this thread, my story is very tame in comparison to everybody elses. I will have to think up some racy past for my grandma.

Isn't it great ! A miniaturist imagination

ohh Its just come to me, i was going to make a one roomed round cottage, but never got round to making it (thats a one day thing when I have time)

well had a story in my head at least for it.

the cottage is in the grounds of a huge manor house, it is a folly commissioned by the mistress of the big house, the family artist in residence lives there, he is handsome fop, obviously chosen personally by mi' lady, whos knows whether it was for his artistict talents or some other talent!!!

he is a typical artist type, very tempremental, does not care a jot about mi' lady, although she is bessotted, the only thing he is bessoted with is his art, although she is very convienient to meet his other needs.

there were never any children between the earl and the lady, the earl is away on business 9 months out of the year, so there is plenty of opportunity for mi'lady to be ! painted !, she is very wistful and yearns for the teo of them to run off together, but she is tied too strongly to the earls money and lifestyle and wuite frankly he is onto a good thing, he has a small cottage, which is enough for him , he is able to continue painting.

so i don't think it will lead anywhere !

i have never actually put that down in writing until now, its always been just in my head............ i'll have to get on and make that round cottage

Here is the story behind my Retirement cottage:

The two owners of the house are my husband and myself though much, much older than we are now. We have retired and are currently enjoying the quiet and simple life in our small one bedroom cottage. Our children and grandchildren come to visit and we sit together and read our favorite books most of the time.

The first guest to move in was a little grey fieldmouse named chico who promptly chewed a small mouse-hole in the baseboard by the fireplace in the livingroom. In response, we have taken in a grey and white cat, Boris, who has yet to demonstrate any mousing abilities.

After getting bored with housework, we placed an ad requesting a house-elf. The ad was answered by a sweet little house-elf named Winky. Before she came to our house, she stopped by to tell her friend, Paul the woodsman, that she had found work in an elderly couple's house and was leaving. He decided to tag along in hopes that there might be some work there for him as well. They were both hired on and Winky keeps the house spotless while Paul chops the firewood and keeps the house in good repair.

This is the extent of the thought I have put into the house. Not much, but it's still fairly new. Next, they need a church to go to so that is my next project.

I came up with the idea of a town story because it seemed kind of blah to make one story for one house, and the occupants need stores, markets, cars, horses & buggies, hence my town encompasses a wide time period from 1900 to the present, because the old timer's find it hard to learn the computer...... ;)

I have alot of ideas for it, but the story line is great fun...to see how everyone dreams up a story or two for their projects.

In response, we have taken in a grey and white cat, Boris, who has yet to demonstrate any mousing abilities.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dated a guy once named "Boris". He didn't demonstrate any abilities either!! ;)

I am so enjoying reading everyone's stories!!!

My Columbian is now officially "owned" by a family that just came here from Ireland in 1900. They are starting a new life in a new country in a new century.

They miss Ireland and have named the house Tuatha de Shamrock - a mixture of Gaelic and English that translates roughly into people of the shamrock. They are still moving in, but Mauve's Irish crochet is starting to show up through out the house and she is hoping to establish a dressmaker's business, having left behind a very successful one in Ireland.

Sean has been busy moving in furniture and hanging up pictures of his beloved homeland. He has a new job with a local bank and is doing well.

But why did they leave a land that they loved and miss so much? ;) Why do they need a new life? :) Who do they fear will show up looking for them? :)

Carol

ps. I am now more convinced than ever that we are all romance writers in disguise! :D

I dated a guy once named "Boris".  He didn't demonstrate any abilities either!!  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LMFAOROFL! MMW I needed that after going to the dentist.. needed a good laugh all though my jaw hurts now. ;) LOL

Hugsss

Sabrina

P.S. Great Stories all of you! :)

These stories are so cool! I've gotten a great kick out of reading all the drama and history!

The house currently in progress, the kitbashed Westville, is the retirement cottage of Blackbeard and his one true love, lady pirate Anne Bonny. After building up a nice little nest egg by pillaging on the Spanish Main, they have settled down on the California coast in a sort of Spanish Revival cottage. (The roof is unusually steep as protection from the coastal weather, also because I lacked the nerve to add onto the side pieces and completely recut the roof angles. Due to rearranging the floor plan, the front bay is going to contain a new front door, and the side bay is going to be a floor-to-ceiling window to showcase their view.)

This is an anachronistic fantasy cottage rather than an historically accurate setting, so the pirates seem to have ordered heavily from Pottery Barn, as far as furniture goes.

I wanted to have a guest room where my husband's discontinued Pope action figure could stay when he visits, but hubby insisted the pirates needed an office instead.

I have no idea why 17th century pirates would be hanging out with the rest of my weird cast of characters, but if you ever spent any time in Northern California, you learn to overlook a lot of weirdness.

I have no idea why 17th century pirates would be hanging out with the rest of my weird cast of characters, but if you ever spent any time in Northern California, you learn to overlook a lot of weirdness.

Gotta love it when you answer your own question. Besides, your little folks are such an interesting kind of wierd :) ;) !

I really like your stories! Here is what I wrote in another thread:

It's the year 1912. There's Mom, Dad, 10 children and Dad's grandmother. They are living in a small town where they have built their own house. Dad is a "parvenu", an upstart. He inherited a few groceries and a lot of money by his rich uncle. Mom is the daughter of an American businessman who died a few years ago and left behind a mountain of debt. Mom and Dad married as teenagers against the will of Mom's family. Mom's mother wanted her daughter to marry a rich man. But Mom fell in love with a poor young painter, Dad, on a cruise to NYC and she left the ship with him to start a new life. 2 years later Dad inherited the money and they moved to Europe to build their dream house. Mom and Dad still love each other but Dad has to work a lot. Sometimes Mom feels a bit lonely and swamped with the education of her children. She is a very melancholic person and sometimes she's thinking of running away and leaving everything behind.

;)

;) Hi:

Well my house doesn't really have a story to it, it was something that my wife has been looking foward to for a long time. So for her birthday we went and she picked out the one she wanted and we took it home, after I opened the box and looked inside, I thought to myself what did I get myself into here. Well this was my first time at building a dollhouse and I learned a lot from knowing nothing about them, you have to be a master of many trades, be very patient, take your time and have the right tools needed to complete the job. I found out about wall paper, tape-wire, lights, carpet, tiles, glues and lets not forget the up-grades. Well it's finished and it took me almost a year & a 1/2 to complete and detail it out. I enjoyed doing so much that I do work for a local dollhouse store as well as make and sell mini items that I make. You can see the pictures of the "Jefferson" in my photo album. You can also see more pictures and miniature accessories that I make by clicking on MY WEBPAGE at bottom of page.