Question about a kit bash to the primrose....

summerdaisy06

Im planning a kit bash to my allison by adding 2 primrose's to it....

My question is: How hard would it be to stack the primrose's.. one on top of the other to make a 2 story wing?

By looking at it I think it will be easy enough... build one normally ( top section ) & build the other one without the roof & trim down the sides and set the complete set on top.... sounds easy right? But is it REALLY that easy?

Thanks!

Here is my full blog (remember, you have to start at the bottom and work your way up):

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...d=11&cat=33

To see only how I added the space below, click here:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/b...p?showentry=296

I do want you to know though that You CAN add both houses together, it just may be a little more difficult. :p

Sounds like a fun project. Since the Primrose is such a simple shape it will be very easy to stack then. Make sure that the angle of the slope of the roofs of the Primrose and Allison are the same or very close. If the roof angles match the house will look much better. Good luck and post lots of pictures of your progress. We do love our eye candy here. :p

You could extend both Primroses to 2-story using Tracy's method, and have "wings" on your Allison; just build the second one inside-out to get a flopped version.

Actually if you extend the lower story side walls and put a deck over it to butt the front of the Primrose you can use the doors to open onts balconies, if that'll fit your ideas.

You could extend both Primroses to 2-story using Tracy's method, and have "wings" on your Allison; just build the second one inside-out to get a flopped version.

Actually if you extend the lower story side walls and put a deck over it to butt the front of the Primrose you can use the doors to open onts balconies, if that'll fit your ideas.

Duhhhh, I read that wrong. I thought you were adding two primroses on top of each other. To add them to the side of the house should be very simple. Just follow the instructions so you'll know which side you want the roof part to be flush against the Allison :p Sorry bought that. Right now, I am adding two primrose kits side by side to each other :D

Oh I am adding them one on top of another to make a 2 story add on.. then attching them to the side of the allison.... Though Im going to check out the links you provided and that should help me out a lot!!!!

Goodluck with adding them side by side.. that will look good!!!!

Ohhh and good tip about the roofs matching up!!!! I wouldn't have even thought of that!! Thanks :)

I'm sorry if I might be stealing your idea, but I love the Primrose and didn't think about bashing it with the Allison/Whitney. Of course I'm not even in the building stages yet, but is it alright if I kind of do the same? I would just use one Primrose on one side of the house. Okay, I really need to go to bed :)

is it alright if I kind of do the same? I would just use one Primrose on one side of the house.
Kathy, dear, it's not against the law to use someone's idea to create your own unique construction. Plus Daisy's reply indicates she's just as sweet & sharing as the majority of miniaturists.

That's one of the many reasons this is a magical place to come - the ideas, inspiration, and help that abounds here is for all to share! Aren't we lucky?

Holly, I like your idea about putting in a walk-out balcony. That doesn't quite sound right - but you know what I mean.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so long as it isn't intellectual property theft, and everything we post on this forum is copywrited, so borrow away!

I know exactly what you mean, Rosalind! The Magnolia has two second-floor balconies, and if Daisy bashes the first floors of her addiions under the original Primrose kits she'll have the doorways there on the second floor, ready to lead out onto balconies, or even second-floor porches!

If you do decide to go for porches, Daisy, old nylon stockings make great porch screen material!

OK, the nylon screen material idea is courtesy of Melissa Fowler, who used it to screen the porch of her Haunted House (see the Team Haunted House blog, darrell&melissa's entries). I freely borrowed her idea to screen the porch on my Coventry Cottage: post-8-1190770444_thumb.jpg