prepping for Wilma

havanaholly

For those of us in the path of Wilma, get everything gathered & stay SAFE! My 45th highschool reunion in West Palm Beach has been postponed until next May (the last possible weekend for it to still be a 45th reunion). Batten down those minis & HOLD ON.

The last storm track I saw showed it slowly chugging back across the Gulf from Cozumal towards S FL, coming across along/ below the Tamiami Trail and then NE through the Atlantic towards Newfoundland. I really wish it had been a fish storm in the first place!

Seeing the news pictures of the devastation, I'm so glad Wilma passed us by, even though we're freezing our normally tan fannies off from the cold front that kept her away. Now we're into the Greek alphabet to name storms? Jeez. Enough, already.

Yep, we've gone straight from summer to winter here too Holly. Last week we had highs in the upper 80s-90s--today it was cold (50) with a very biting wind. I wish that wind would go bite someone else!

It's been pretty cold and windy here, but I guess that's to be expected in Wisconsin. All the trees have lost their leaves. The color didn't stay around too long this year! :blink:

It will be such a relief when this hurricane season is over. Just another few weeks, right? :o We live pretty far inland, but we've seen our share of refugees in our area. I'm ready for things to settle back down to "normal".