Bayberry Cottage

mysallyb

Okay, I know I have barely begun my McKinley but am already looking ahead. Seems once I get one all figured out I start thinking about the next. Oh Well.

I have been looking for a 1930's/1940's style house sorta the Craftsman style and the only one I have seen so far is the Bayberry Cottage. What do you all think? Anybody done one? It's a lot bigger than I thought and is made of 3/8" MDF which I have never used. My sister bulit the San Franciscan and it is georgous but it weights a TON!

Know of any other houses from this era?

Now on to Ms Mckinley.

Hi, I'm new. My name is Bob. I would just like to say that the Bayberry was my first dollhouse adventure. I have had previous experience building airplane and other models which may have made it easier. I found the kit to be very good for a first-time project. I especially liked the thickness of the materials and felt that they were easier to use than the lighter weight ones. The dollhouse turned out very well and it has made me a dollhouse builder for the years ahead. My wife says to add that I donated it to a church raffle and they made over $400. on it.

My most recent project was the Greenleaf Glencroft country cottage which I recreated as an English tavern which I call the Red Lion Inn. I hope to post pictures here (as soon as I learn how). By any chance do you know where I can get directions for sending the pictures?

If you do decide to build the Bayberry and have any further questions I will be glad to help as much as I can.

Welomce to the community Bob!

I built the Glencroft along with a few others a couple of months ago and it was my favorite build yet (It was a challenge :D ) You can see them in the blog area.

Do you have pictures? I have a bayberry in my garage waiting to be built one day. It would be fun to see pics :D.

Again Welcome!!

Welcome to the forum, Bob :D

along with a few others a couple of months ago

I'm one of the "few others" and my Glencroft is a pub called Sprig of Holly. In fact I'll be adding to the building blog as I make furnishings & fixtures for it.

!! WELCOME to the forum Bob!!

I would love to see some photos.

Holly's pub is comming along and it will interresting to see one done.

I also built the Glencroft and despit all my frustrations with it I am Lovin that house.

glad you found us!

nutti :D

The pub name was DH's inspiration :D I made the sign in the last picture (so far) with a really sweet little lasercut sign kit from HBS, stain & acrylic paints. I finally got some settles made, they're too big to use both in one room so I'll put one in the bar & one in the snug. I put together the Chrysnbon bathroom kit & "aged" it & installed it. I took a picture of it to add to the blog but my finger got in it! so I shall have to try again after I finish the HH.

I'm using DHMS/ Dolls' House & Miniature Scene's publication, Projects's pub issue (volume 1, #3) to make most of the furnishings (the settles are Shenandoah kits HBS was closing out), but the bar they use is a premade item available in the UK; so I have had to do some fairly arduous research on the subject of bars and their designs, and of course it's impolite to go into a bar and whip out a tape measure or take pictures without buying anything or drinking it. Goodness, the things we endure for the sake of research! :D

Fantasy Craft makes a Craftsman's Bungalow. It is likely the style you are looking for, but it is hard to find and suggested retail is $450 -- very expensive! I own a kit and am working on it, but I doubt I will ever pay that much for a dollhouse again.

If you know of sources for Craftsman style minis--wallpapers, furniture, accessories etc, I would love to know about them. I have found a few sources, but they are not easy to locate.

Jeri

Emily has made some of the furniture from this site http://kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu/~nyssa/furniture/mission.html

I have the Dover reprints of Gustav Stickley's Craftsman Bungalow plans & am trying to modify one for a front & back opening 1:12 scale dh.

Jeri You got any pics of your bungalo?

I would love to see :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right now my bungalow has no roof or second floor. The three exterior walls are assembled, and the wood floor and tile floor are finished, and that's about it. I can put up a pic, but there isn't much to see at the moment.

Jeri

Emily has made some of the furniture from this site http://kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu/~nyssa/furniture/mission.html

I have the Dover reprints of Gustav Stickley's Craftsman Bungalow plans & am trying to modify one for a front & back opening 1:12 scale dh.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for the web site! This might be worth trying, because I already have all the tools!

I have a couple of mission style kits from Fernwood miniatures. Building from kits has been fun, but building furniture from scratch is a whole new challenge that I look forward to taking on!

Jeri