Just Another Newb

As HavanaHolly said, turning your house upside down, or on a side, gives you a whole different view of the house, and things that seemed inaccessible, or at least challenging, become easier. I turned my Brimble upsidedown (a rehab) and found all sorts of foundation problems that, once I fixed them, he became much sturdier. And doing his second floor walls, ceilings and windows became very simple, when they looked quite complex.

I do have to check out that Brookfield store. I lived in Milwaukee for 11 years and never knew it was there...but then, I wasn't into dollhouses when I lived in Milwaukee! :whistle:

LOL! My husband knows I'm strange enough, so talking to it probably won't even phase him. :whistle:

Here's the link to Rose's dollhouse shop. Don't let the website fool you... the amount of miniatures that they have is amazing! The shop itself is huge, except that it is well-hidden with no signage visible from the street. It's in the same complex as Marasco's stamping shop, but down the stairs from it.

This is entirely my problem....but Rose really needs to find someone to "spell check" her site, and make corrections. There are a ton of them there. Looks real unprofessional. And someone who has website skills to put the site together better. It's real scattered and disjointed. It appears that she has lots of stuff, and pretty decent prices, but the site really is cluttered and hard to navigate. And the spelling errors really clash. But as I said -- that's MY problem. I hate ads, including web pages, where it appears the writer didn't take the time to present a polished look.

Anyway. You mentioned steps -- can one get in to her shop in a wheelchair?

I've been thinking about it, and I'm not sure. There are quite a few steps, but there are more offices in back. Maybe there's a ramp or an elevator toward the rear of the building near those offices. You'd probably have to give them a call to find out. Sorry! :)

The best line I read on here went something like this..."It's only a dollhouse, it's not brain surgery."

I about fell over reading that! My carpenter husband says that all the time about his job! You should have seen his face when I just opened the box to the Newburg. He said he thinks he needs his toolbelt!

I've been reading posts, and so far I've learned:

1. Don't use hot glue. Use wood glue.

2. Don't buy 5 jars of stucco (too late); buy 5 rolls of masking tape instead.

3. Stairs are a pain.

4. Wire everything before you wallpaper.

LOL I guess you've got that about right!! I am a fellow newbie (my first house is a Beacon Hill) and I have learned all of these things the hard way (I didn't read before doing). So you've got a nice headstart. I can't wait to see pictures of your work. Good luck!!