uploading my pics

Pat,

Do you want to post them in the general galleries, or create your own album? I'll assume that you want your own album. (if you don't want an album, then go to the top of the page, select the gallery you want to post in, and start uploading. The only difference is that you skip the step of creating your won album, and are posting an an exisiting Greenleaf album.)

Near the top of the page, click on "My Albums".

Then click on "New Album".

Enter a name for the album, and a description.

Select "Member Gallery" as the category value.

If you want to let us view your photos, check the box next "Public".

Click on "Create Album"

Now you will be at your control panel. Across from the name of your album you will see a box that says "Select an operation". Select "Upload Image".

This will take you the picture posting page!

Enter a brief name for your photo in the "Caption" field.

You will see a large, blank white box further down the page. You may write a description here if you like (or not).

Below the blank white box is a button that says "Browse". This allows you to search your computer and locate the photo you wish to upload. On my computer, clickling on "Browse" brings up another box, and I find my photo there. I click on the photo I want, click "Open" on the pop-up box, and that enters the photo's path into the "Browse" field.

Below the "Browse" button is a button that says "Post Image". Click on that.

It may take a few seconds to transfer theimage, and thenyou should be able to see your photo! Repeat the steps from upload image to end to add more photos.

Jeri

I must have done it wrong. I followed the instructions on my HPphoto whatever and sent a bunch of photos to the website. I don't know where they went but not to the album I tried to create. How do you get the pics to the album if you have to go into the HP thing? I don't see any options other than to send them to the Greenleaf web site from there. It's called web albums and says to choose a website. I don't have my own site within the forum, or if I do, I don't know how to enter it from my HP photo page. Who knows where they are now. I'll never learn all this. At least they are still in my computer and copies are floating in interspace I guess. I really wanted you all to see my houses.

Pat

Pat,

Greenleaf allows you to post photos directly from your computer to your gallery. As long as the photos are still on your PC, just follow the instructions above! As I wrote out the instructions, I created an album and added a picture, so I am pretty sure they are accurate and I didn't leave out any steps.

Jeri

I did everything like you said and when I get to the end of the steps, after about 10 seconds the Greenleaf site disappears and it says cannot display the web page. All the pictures are there when I click browse so at least I know they aren't lost. I'll try again later. My brain is on overload. Thanks. Pat

When I load photos from my CD the software all ows me to save them to "my pictures" on the computer, as jpg. files, so when I hit the "browse" button I can import my pictures. There is a notice somewhere on your album page that tells you what kinds of files you can import (jpg., etc), so if you don't have your files saved as one of the kinds lilted you may want to go back and save them again to one of the allowable files.

Hi, They are saved that way and nine of them went to the gallery. Now it goes through all the motions and just before it completely uploads it says webpage cannot be displayed or webpage has expired. I guess a few others are having problems also. I'll try again later. I got a couple of pictures of the roof on the Lily posted if you want to see it. Pat

just wondering:

maybe some of your photos won't load b/c they are too large. that has happened with some i tried to load, and the error message i got sounds like the problem you're describing.

can somebody explain what to do if the photos are too big? i know there's something or other.

YAY, pat! you have a gallery and some great photos of your houses!!

Your Lily is looking excellent. verry nice.

:) wow, you do really lovely work. thanks for sharing!