Whitney model#85

Shakyshaky

Was green leaf Whitney at one time? Artply too? My tennyson is Artply and the Tiffany is Whitney.

Anyway, I was looking at my instructions for the Tiffany and on the back it shows houses with model numbers but no names. :D I am looking for model number 85. Does anyone know the name of this house? It is two stories, three rooms, very square and lOTS of trim. It has trim covering the walls almost completely and no porch. I wish I could get a pic up but I have a large lack of computer skils. :lol:

Greenleaf Steel Rulediecut was Always that (Even when they where doing the Corona Line) There name always stayed the same. They sold the Greenleaf dollhouse side of the business to a company who then sold it to another company who then sold it (And so on it went for years). Greenleaf Steel Rule Diecut bought back these houses so now the original owners have them again. That is why you see some of the greenleaf houses under different names and other houses by that same company that has never carried a greenleaf name. It is because those other companies added the greenleaf line to there existing line of houses.

:D

Hope this helps!

That would be fine Melanie! You've got me curious about it!

Or, what kind of scanner do you have? Those are fairly easy to figure out, at least they are after the first time you've used them. I could have happily chucked my first one out the window until a friend came over and showed me what buttons to push, LOL!

Melanie, I'm wanting to say that looks like a Somerset, made by Artply, but I'd have to check it. If this one is by Whitney, it may have been one that Whitney bought from Artply, sort of like my Tennyson had both the names Whitney and Greenleaf on it.

Whitney and Artply are both long gone. As well as checking eBay, if you stumble across a conventional hobby store (the kind that's 90% trains, planes, and automobiles) that has been in business for 10+ years, it's worth wandering in to see if they still have a couple of older dollhouse kits gathering dust on their shelves. Often, hobby shops used to have a dollhouse section, back in the 1980s, and just stopped restocking, but there will be a kit or two shoved in with the model dinosaurs and games.

Sorry for the slow reply but I had to check on the name. I got one earlier this year off of ebay. It is called the Sommerset. Assembled size is: 17" x 17" x 22"

Here is a inside shot of it:

post-4-1128704122_thumb.jpg

My box was beat up pretty bad but I got the house real cheap and all parts are there so I was happy.

:D