Lighting question

jennybee

Morning all

I am going to buy a tape wire lighting kit and my question it about plugs.

There are a few places in my dollhouse that I think I will need to have plugs/walloutlets.

My thinking in this is because I have a detachable sunroom and and thought I would just put floor lamps in it and also incase I ever want to change the look of a room and want a different table lamp or etc.

Do you know which plugs male and female I would need for the tapewire?

Also any advice on how to have lights on the outside of a front opening house using tape wire? Below is a picture of the kit I have

Thanks in advance

post-837-1175515443_thumb.jpgpost-837-1175515437_thumb.jpg

These are the plugs that I used.

http://www.dejouxminiatures.com/MH776---PL...ck-P1815C0.aspx

All of the lights I bought already had the plug on the end of them so all I had to do was plug it in the wall. There is a photo of a light plugged into a wall plug in my Gallery if you need to see a visual.

For me it was super easy to put the wall plugs in when there was no wallpaper up. My tapewire was not perfectly straight so once wallpaper was up I could not find the exact path to plug in the wall plug and it became almost impossible to get it to work. So I put all of the wall plugs in the wall in each room before wallpapering and then just cut around the plug when I papered.

HTH

I think most of the lights i have do have plugs but i wasn't sure if there was some specific type of female end you fix to the wall and the light plug goes into for tape wire or would any plug work. See sooo many questions :giggle:

Jenn--

Seems you and I have the same questions about lighting!! It's just you are getting to post them before I do!

Looks like Chattycathy beat us both on the ceiling light question. :giggle:

Now I just have to have a minute to put in my lighting order.

Cir-kit has tiny little 1" scale outlets and plugs that you can attach to lights. I didn't have much luck on my attempt to add a plug--so I've got to do a little more reading. the plugs and outlets come in the deluxe cir-kit lighting kit( I think there may be some in the large kit too) Anyway, working on lighting has stalled my BH progress....so I'm hoping for a little time to work on things.