Alexandria Kit on eBay

Tess11

It's only the basic shell that assembles in 30 minutes, and looking at the kit I'd say it would. It's a gorgeous kit, we have 2, Marg didn't mind the broken pieces of the first kit so I let her have it, and got an unopened one a couple of weeks later, ironically for less than the first. It's beautifully made (even the broken one will fix easily) and the windows and doors are the quality of an upgrade kit.

It's built like a puzzle box, you'd have to seriously try hard to really mess it up. If you like the kit 200 plus is the going rate, and they're getting hard to find, I'd call it my favorite kit of all. One thing eroneous in the listing, it aint 50 pounds, it's much closer to 90.

I take it you haven't started to build either of yours. I want this house so much! Especially since they are getting so hard to find. Well, when the time is right (like when I have the funds) I'll find one. I would love to see some pics of this one put together, but they seem far and few between.

I take it you haven't started to build either of yours. I want this house so much! Especially since they are getting so hard to find. Well, when the time is right (like when I have the funds) I'll find one. I would love to see some pics of this one put together, but they seem far and few between.

Marg and I both wanted one, and for the reason you state in your last line we grabbed them when they were up. We haven't started to build either, but I did slip one together roughly. It looks like it will go together exactly as shown. This is the time to get one, people with Christmas bills and tax time. The cheap one was over 250, if you can do it, this auction looks like a winner. In this case I would say the kit is worth the price, it is a masterpiece. Bottom line: you aint gonna find a decent one cheap. Beg, borrow or steal, if there's any way you can swing it, I guarantee you won't regret it.

One of my local HL stores has one on dislpay...It is in serious need of TLC but man I wish they would sell it already! It is a HUGE house and I just love the porch.

Wish I could bid on that one right now but alas, bills prevail *sigh*

I love this house, I need to start saving my pennies. :banana:

Me too! Darn Dura-Craft. My two favorite houses are the SF557 (which I have!!!) and the Alexandria, which I don't. Soon, I will. I have dollhouse faith! :ohyeah:

One of my local HL stores has one on dislpay...It is in serious need of TLC but man I wish they would sell it already! It is a HUGE house and I just love the porch.

Wish I could bid on that one right now but alas, bills prevail *sigh*

I would ask them if I could buy it. You can say that the company is now out of business and the store doesnt carry the kits for that display to be useful. (dont mention how rare!!)

I got my MHM from AC Moore as a display..I paid $100! But it was also mismarked. They had it marked as a SanFran. I asked for a kit and they said they didnt have any. I asked "well, what about that one?"

I would ask them if I could buy it. You can say that the company is now out of business and the store doesnt carry the kits for that display to be useful. (dont mention how rare!!)

I got my MHM from AC Moore as a display..I paid $100! But it was also mismarked. They had it marked as a SanFran. I asked for a kit and they said they didnt have any. I asked "well, what about that one?"

ohhh what a GREAT idea!! I may just do that tomorrow...I'm lucky enough to have like 4 HL's in my area so I'll have to take a drive to find which one it was at, ha!

Is the one side on it open on purpose?

The one on display seems to be missing a side...maybe I'll get to take a pick of it, dunno. Seemed sorta strange I thought....