1/144th scale kits on ebay!!!

ilovecats

Hi all, i just wanted to put the word out that this seller is really nice to work with! I bought a 1/144th scale Garfield from her as well as a table kit for the Garfield and a table kit for the Queen Anne that i already have.

She is very nice and has EXCELLANT communication. I'll definately be working with her again...i'd like to get the gothic mansion next :whistle:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DOLLHOUSE-MINIATURE-TH...1QQcmdZViewItem

How difficult is this scale house to put together? I would love to put one together and take it to work to "inspire" other co-workers to build a miniature house or scene. I know there are quite a few to pick but the mini Garfield is such a cute little house and I don't have the room for the full sized version.

actually the 1/144th scale isnt as difficult as one would expect

but you do have to paper before putting together {recommended}

but someone here did it after to their Beacon Hill WOW.

make sure you have a nice set of long tweezers and use a toothpick for spreading the glue

like any kit'''if you follow the instructions you should do just fine in putting it together.

I loved the Garfield when I did it.

you will never know if you can do it unless you try!

I love the 1/144th lasercut kits!

nutti :flowers:

How difficult is this scale house to put together? I would love to put one together and take it to work to "inspire" other co-workers to build a miniature house or scene. I know there are quite a few to pick but the mini Garfield is such a cute little house and I don't have the room for the full sized version.

Hi, I haven't tried to put one together yet. I did get some great tips from Amy (molmrath) on how to do it. She has some beauties. I do want to try my hand at it, i am fascinated by them. I want to buy a cheaper kit and try that one first, then i'll go on to one of the more expensive, detailed kits. I am determined that i will do a good job :flowers: Maybe next payday. I had been wanting the Garfield since i first saw it and i kept telling myself no. I don't know what pushed me over the edge to buy it finally a few days ago. It may have been that the price was several dollars cheaper than Iusually see them. I don't know, but i'm really glad i will now have it in my collection. I'd like to have several of the 1/144th scale kits and make a neighborhood, with landscaping.

Look at Nutti's collection, she does a beautiful job!

Congratulations - I know that you'll enjoy this micro mini kit. Nutti has done such a splendid job on creating a micro mini town. I've only built (well actually it was mostly Ray - I just chose colours and did the wallpapering) the 1:144 Beacon Hill. I love having it inside my 1:12 scale BH as the dollhouse within the dollhouse.

-Susanne

actually the 1/144th scale isnt as difficult as one would expect

but you do have to paper before putting together {recommended}

but someone here did it after to their Beacon Hill WOW.

make sure you have a nice set of long tweezers and use a toothpick for spreading the glue

like any kit'''if you follow the instructions you should do just fine in putting it together.

I loved the Garfield when I did it.

you will never know if you can do it unless you try!

I love the 1/144th lasercut kits!

nutti :flowers:

I think I will try. I used to make HO Scale houses for my son's train layout so I know how to be sparing with glue. But for some reason since there are wood I feel intimidated. By the way Nutti, your small houses are wonderful and I just love them.

I think this scale is just so much fun. I can usually sit down and build and decorate a house in one weekend, and the sanding required is minimal. I love being able to finish a project that quickly, and I love that the houses don't take up a lot of room. I think one reason I haven't really 'finished' any of my 1:12" scale houses is because they just take too long and require too much sanding (which I hate), as well as taking up a lot of room in our tiny house. And the longer I have to leave things out to work on, the more likely it is that my kids or furkids will get into things and mess something up. :flowers:

I just got a new 1:144" scale house kit that is front opening and has stairs and everything. It's the Georgian from Fine Flowers in Miniature in the UK. I'm excited to get to work on it. It should be an adventure. And I've been making micro roomboxes lately which are a lot of fun. I really need to get to work on my 1:12" dollhouse shop so I have a place to put all the 1:144" stuff, but I'm having too much fun making the micro stuff! :whistle:

Speaking of micro minis here LOL is there possibly somwhere where one could ready made windows and doors for those mini-mini dollhouses? I am sort of tempted to make a coupel myself for the dollshouse shop I "need" to create in "Her Highness"....

Hugs

I would really love to attempt this scale, but the size is so intimidating!! The houses are so adorable and would be so much easier to find places for!! LOL!