Getting my first Dremel

whippet-gal

Well, my birthdays coming up & Eddie is going to buy me the new Dremel Stylus. I've chosen that one as it's so lightweight & cordless & I like to do my 'serious' sanding & cutting outdoors.

I'd like to get the full benefit of this little wonder, & thought there must be information out there on the Dremel. I've downloaded the manual from Dremel, but that doesn't tell me anything.

Come on you Dremel experts, you've pushed me in the right direction, now open the door :w00t: :ohyeah::D

Jackie

Dremel's own site is pretty good:

http://www.dremel.com/en-US

I hear very good things about the Stylus. I picked one up and it felt a bit small for me, my fingers literally went to the collet, but otherwise it was nice and light. I want to get the set I saw at Lowes, with the 400, work center and flex shaft. It also had the router and planer accessories, and some other stuff.

Dremel's own site is pretty good:

http://www.dremel.com/en-US

I hear very good things about the Stylus. I picked one up and it felt a bit small for me, my fingers literally went to the collet, but otherwise it was nice and light. I want to get the set I saw at Lowes, with the 400, work center and flex shaft. It also had the router and planer accessories, and some other stuff.

I'd be interested in hearing more about this set.

Kat

I got the set today, it's called the Workshop Kit. I can't even find anything about it on Lowe's site. But here's the low down. It includes the Dremel 400 XPR rotary tool, 2 amp, variable speed. 4 attachments: the plunge router; flex shaft; planer; and work center. Plus 148 accessories such as sanding drums plus mandrels, cutoff wheels, 3 collets, carry case, that sort of thing. Has a couple of flapper wheels. Overall price 139 plus tax, so not bad.

I really wanted the tool, work center and flex shaft, but this deal is like getting the router and planer, plus the do-dads, for free. I'm thinking the flex shaft will be easier to use than the Stylus. :)

I got the set today, it's called the Workshop Kit. I can't even find anything about it on Lowe's site. But here's the low down. It includes the Dremel 400 XPR rotary tool, 2 amp, variable speed. 4 attachments: the plunge router; flex shaft; planer; and work center. Plus 148 accessories such as sanding drums plus mandrels, cutoff wheels, 3 collets, carry case, that sort of thing. Has a couple of flapper wheels. Overall price 139 plus tax, so not bad.

I really wanted the tool, work center and flex shaft, but this deal is like getting the router and planer, plus the do-dads, for free. I'm thinking the flex shaft will be easier to use than the Stylus. :)

That sounds like a very good deal - I'll be paying that just for the Stylus :p (£70)

I still think that I'd use a cordless Dremel a lot more than a mains one.

Although, not outside, today, it's lightly snowing :o

Jackie

Thanks for the low down on that. I'm going to call the tool store where Gary used to work and see if they carry it. If they do I could get it at the employee discount.

Kat

I'm actually thinking of getting one of my own now! If they still have the set up next payday....or if this lady doesn't come thru on my Thornhill....still haven't heard from her, so I have 200 dollars sitting in my bank account......I'll give her til the end of the week, then if i haven't heard from her, I'll splurge and get me my own very own Dremel set up.... :)